Clinical | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
Job Title: Counselor
Provides evidence-based, face-to-face, goal-oriented counseling and participates as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Responsible for efficient delivery of services to clients according to approved policies and procedures meeting DMH and CSTAR standards
- Assists clients in establishing a treatment plan, goals and objectives, as well as other functional aspects of their personal planning in the recovery process
- Maintains clients' charts, records and files regarding goals, evaluation and updates in accordance with DMH and CSTAR standards
- Assists in communicating with outside agencies, such as treatment centers, AA and Catholic Charities agencies
- Provides individual behavioral health counseling and evaluation
- Facilitates group meetings and program components as needed
- Pursues continuing professional development, joins appropriate professional groups and attends pertinent meetings
- Attends all staff meetings and keeps abreast of program and client status, updates and changes
- Provides case program consultation and makes appropriate referrals
- Assesses, updates and revises clients' progress and treatment plan per DMH and CSTAR standards as needed
Master's degree in social work, counseling, or closely related field, and two years' experience in behavioral health and criminal justice. Certification through MCB recommended.