Community Support Specialist
Clinical | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
Position Title: Community Support Specialist
Community Support consists of specific activities with or on behalf of a particular client in accordance with an individual rehabilitation plan to maximize the client's adjustment and functioning within the community while achieving sobriety and sustaining recovery, maximizing the involvement of natural support systems and promoting client independence and responsibility.
- Participate in the interdisciplinary team meeting in order to identify strengths and needs related to development of the individual's rehabilitation plan.
- Attend periodic meetings with designated team members and the client, whenever feasible, in order to review and update the rehabilitation plan.
- Contact clients who have unexcused absence from the program in order to re-engage the person and promote recovery efforts.
- Arrange and refer for services and resources and, when necessary, advocating obtaining the services and quality of services to which the person is entitled.
- Monitor service delivery by providers external to the program and ensuring communication and coordination of services.
- Locate and coordinate services and resources to resolve a crisis.
- Provide experiential training in life skills and resource acquisition.
- Provide information and education to an individual in accordance with the person's rehabilitation plan.
- Plan for discharge
- Bill a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Transport clients in employee's vehicle.
- Provide group education.
- Ability to life 20 pounds .
- Assist client in establishing treatment goals.
- Must have Class E Missouri driver's license.
Bachelor's degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or closely related field or four years' relevant experience in human service delivery field. Valid Missouri driver's license, vehicle, and current automobile liability insurance is required. CSS must own or lease their own vehicle for use in transporting clients. (Automobile insurance coverage to include transporting clients in employee's vehicle.) Good communication skills both oral and written; skills involving proper grammar, punctuation and clarity. Ability to use computer for charting and familiar with Microsoft Windows.