Transactional Accounting Manager
Finance | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Transactional Accounting Manager
REPORTS TO: Controller
SUPERVISES: Accounts Payable/Receivable teams
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Transactional Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the general accounting functions including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable and retail shop audits. This individual will oversee the Accounts payable and Accounts receivable teams. The role also requires self-sufficiency, an attention to detail, a deadlines-oriented approach to workload and continual communication with the Controller.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing processes, controls and checks across all departments – 30%
- Reconciles all transactions and resolve discrepancies in NetSuite for revenue, accounts receivable, accounts payable and operating expense accounts – 15%
- Oversee Sales tax and VAT compliance requirements – 10%
- Oversee and manage all retail shop business compliance requirements including but not limited to business license and registration, weights and measures, property taxes, and bank/cash till set up – 10%
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and year end close, including recording journal entries – 10%
- Implement and maintain in collaboration with Retail shop operations a retail shop audit process and procedure for all retail shops – 10%
- Maintain rent, construction and bonus schedules for all Retail Shop locations – 5%
- Review all leases for retail spaces to ensure the Company is in financial compliance retail spaces to ensure financial compliance – 5%
- Assist in other accounting projects, as needed, such as pertinent NetSuite updates. These projects have included NetSuite implementations (ie bill approval process) – 5%
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: The Transactional Accounting Manager identifies ways in which Quay can improve the Company’s profitability.
Key Working Relationships: This role must maintain strong working relationships with vendors, customers and all internal business partners and will work closely with the Retail shop team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance
- Proficiency in GAAP and IFRS concepts
- Ability to critically analyze Balance Sheet and Income Statement transactions
- Strong / advanced excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and problem-solving skills
- Preferred, CPA
- Preferred, consumer products industry and/or Netsuite experience
0-10% - Minimal travel.
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.