Sr. Inventory Planner
Planning | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Sr. Inventory Planner
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Inventory Management
DEPARTMENT: Planning & Inventory
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Sr. Inventory Planner is responsible for developing, analyzing, and executing inventory strategies that deliver sales and inventory productivity goals. The Planner will update and actualize monthly OTB (Open to Buy) and will make recommendations on receipt shifts based on sales opportunities and risks. The Sr. Planner must have a proactive approach to inventory needs by monitoring sales trends, production timing, shipment delivery and future WOS (weeks of stock) and will work closely with Planning/Merch/Marketing on liquidation needs. This role is highly cross-functional, working with Production, Merchandising, Product Development, Marketing, and Category Planning.
- Execute and analyze Global D.C. inventory strategies that maximizes inventory productivity 20% Primary
- Update and actualize monthly OTB with inventory, sales, and receipts. Partner with Planning to understand future sales strategies to help guide inventory forecasts 20% Primary
- Facilitate reporting that analyzes inventory across all channels and communicate risks/opportunities to cross-function teams 10% Primary
- Collaborate with Merchandising/Inventory Management on developing liquidation strategy/overstock communication 10% Primary
- Communicate out-of-stocks and back-in-stock dates to regional Sales team, DTC, and Commercial Planning 5% Primary
- Drives the creation and execution of Quay Shops allocation strategies and inventory plans that maximize sales and in-stocks, optimize inventory turn, and drive profitable growth 15% Primary
- Develop initial and replenishment allocation to support both new Shop openings and new product launches 10% Primary
- Collaborate with Production and Transportation on inventory replenishment and on time delivery 5% Primary
- Support Quay Shops Sales Team with weekly and ad hoc merchandise reporting, recaps; identify and capitalize on product trends 5% Primary
Budget Owner: Yes
Directly responsible for creating inventory allocations for Quay Shops.
Partner with Inventory Management Team on receipts goals by month.
Key Working Relationships:
- This role must maintain strong working relationships with Planning, Transportation, Inventory Control, Production, Merchandising, DTC Marketing, Sales, and Commercial Planning
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least +3 years of merchandise planning, demand forecast or inventory management experience
- Bachelor’s degree; Finance, Operations, Retail Management or Business Management required (or equivalent work experience)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; must be able to build templates, use reporting tools/ systems, manipulate large quantities of data in Microsoft Excel to guide decisions
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills to interpret meaningful themes from quantitative data; able to use rigor and logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships across departments, global regions, and cultures
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: concisely presents complex information / recommendations in terms meaningful to varied internal audiences
- Comfort with ambiguity and passion/excitement for building new tools and processes
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.