Specialist, Social Media
Marketing | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Specialist, Social Media
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Social Media and Content Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Global Brand
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for supporting social needs across all relevant platforms, including managing high-profile social media accounts; developing and sharing social-first content, including video content requiring comfortability, presence, and persona on-camera; supporting customer care on social; community management; curating user-generated content for digital and retail usage; engaging with comments on Quay’s owned media and engaging with all relevant tagged content; supporting and identifying opportunities for giveaways and other promotional efforts on the Quay Australia channels; identifying content creators and curating packages to encourage relevant UGC production; managing a content posting calendar across all platforms.
- Own community-management across high-profile social platforms to build brand affinity and loyalty (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest): responding to comments on owned media, engaging with all tagged content in a meaningful way and identifying UGC for social, digital and retail usage. (25%, primary)
- Ideate, produce, and schedule on-brand, socially-native, viral content to support key brand marketing + sales initiatives, including (but not limited to) product photography/videos, memes, short-form social video (25%, primary)
- Work with the Sr. Manager, Social Media + Content Marketing to manage and share an engaging and diverse content calendar for social that supports brand and sales goals (15%)
- Identifying relevant content creators and working with the PR team + tech platforms to curate packages to support content creation and brand relationships; foster those relationships on an ongoing basis. (10%, collaborative)
- Work with the Sr. Manager, Social Media + Content Marketing to track social analytics and metrics against KPIs and prepare weekly reports + insights. (10%, collaborative)
- Identify customer care issues on social platforms and work with the Customer Experience Manager to resolve in a timely manner. (5%, primary)
- Engage with non-brand influencer content to support relationships and affinity outside of brand UGC. (5%, primary)
- Bring inspiration + fresh perspective to the organization by discovering, creating, and sharing relevant + engaging social content on an ongoing basis. (5%, collaborative)
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: N/A
Key Working Relationships: This role must maintain strong working relationships with and coordinates closely with Marketing, PR, Ecomm, Email, Wholesale and others to drive a social media presence that supports the brand. The role works with the Customer Care Manager to resolve customer care issues.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years social media or marketing experience; experience managing high-profile social media channels preferred
- The position requires a strong understanding of social media trends and their impact on the brand
- Comfortability, presence, and persona on-camera
- Familiarity with the basics of video + photo editing for social media (with either mobile apps or professional software)
- Ability to independently film + edit visually appealing smartphone video and photo in a style native to social media
- This role requires necessary grammar and spelling skills to ensure a strong brand presence on social media
- 5-10% travel required
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.