Retail - Texas | The Galleria, Houston, TX | Full Time
Our Story: We were born roadside on the festival circuit, surrounded by music artists and festival goers who inspired us to create notoriously cool, affordable sunnies for the nonconforming and freethinking. From dramatically oversized aviators to reflective lenses and bold cat eyes, Quay Australia has become a favorite for individuals with fearless style, a carefree attitude and fresh perspective.
For over 12 years, we’ve built a #QUAYSQUAD that is loyal, passionate and looks to us to make them stand out in a crowd and set the trend for their latest accessories. Seen on countless celebrities and known for our limited edition influencer collaborations, Quay Australia is the go-to accessible brand for millennial women that makes them feel like they are part of the in crowd.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Shop Manager is responsible for the shop’s overall fiscal performance and results. The role drives the business to achieve maximum sales, productivity and profit goals through customer service, operational excellence, leadership, communication, and talent development while supporting the Quay vision and brand. This role is predominantly on the sales floor providing service, interacting with customers and associates.
- Achieving the shop’s sales targets by maximizing profits, minimizing costs and managing workforce budgets
- Delivering excellent customer service by example, ensuring highly visible and effective customer service management
- Recruitment, training, developing, and coaching all members of the shop team to ensure high-performance and productivity
- Demonstrates a respect for diversity and flexes managerial style when working with associates of different skills and responsibilities; maintains a positive and healthy workplace
- Ensures shop compliance with company policy and procedures, taking a consistent approach with all associates
- Ensures brand image is presented consistent with visual merchandising and service expectations
- Minimizes loss by adhering to all loss prevention procedures, stockroom processing and replenishment procedures, and inventory management processes
- Maintains awareness of market trends in the accessory industry, monitoring activity of local competitors
Budget Owner: Yes
Responsible for the Shop’s achievement of sales targets including net sales, UPT, ADS and conversion along with managing the entire shop budget, controlling costs, and driving profitability.
Key Working Relationships:
This person is required to maintain strong working relationships with the Director of Retail Operations, other retail Shop Managers, and the entire Shop team
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience (3 or more in a shop manager role) in a retail environment or related area
- High School graduate or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Ability to adapt and multi-task in a fast-changing, retail environment
- Ability to develop, motivate staff and others through strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic computer skills and software proficiency (MS Word, Excel and Outlook preferred)
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, shop openings and closings according to the needs of the business
10% annual average based on new shop openings and trainings. Minimal travel based on business needs otherwise.
- This position is based in a retail shop environment. Requires standing and walking up to 8 hours per shift
- Requires stooping and kneeling to process and place merchandise as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise from storage
- May be required to climb ladder or stepstool in order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale
- Required to lift items weighing 5 to 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher
- Required to work an average of 40 hours per week
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.