Retail | Las Vegas, NV | Full Time
Our Story: We were born roadside on the festival circuit, surrounded by music artists and festival goers who inspired us to create notoriously cool, affordable sunnies for the nonconforming and freethinking. From dramatically oversized aviators to reflective lenses and bold cat eyes, Quay Australia has become a favorite for individuals with fearless style, a carefree attitude and fresh perspective.
For over 12 years, we’ve built a #QUAYSQUAD that is loyal, passionate and looks to us to make them stand out in a crowd and set the trend for their latest accessories. Seen on countless celebrities and known for our limited edition influencer collaborations, Quay Australia is the go-to accessible brand for millennial women that makes them feel like they are part of the in crowd.
Reports to: Director of Retail Operations
Job Level: Manager
Supervises: Assistant Managers, Sales Leads, Sales Associates
Principal Working Relationships: Director of Retail Operations, District Manager, Assistant Managers, Sales Leads, Sales Associates
The Shop Manager is responsible for the shop’s performance and results.
This role is predominantly on the sales floor providing service, interacting with customers and associates. The role drives the business to achieve maximum sales, productivity and profit goals through operational excellence, leadership, communication, and talent development while supporting the Quay vision and brand.
Leads the shop to meet budgetary and sales goals by managing the day-to-day operations in order to: meet/exceed sales and profitability targets, hire, train and develop top-talent in line with our culture and brand, communicate company vision, and provide customer service.
- Achieving the stores sales targets by maximizing profits, minimizing costs and managing workforce budgets
- Delivering excellent customer service by example, ensuring highly visible and effective customer service management
- Recruitment, training, developing, and coaching all members of the shop team to ensure high-performance and productivity
- Respect diversity and flexs managerial style when working with associates of different skills and responsibilities; maintains a positive and healthy workplace
- Ensures store compliance with company policy and procedures, taking a consistent approach with all associates
- Ensures brand image is presented consistent with visual merchandising and service expectations
- Minimizes loss by adhering to all loss prevention procedures, stockroom processing and replenishment procedures, and inventory management processes
- Maintains awareness of market trends in the accessory industry, monitoring activity of local competitors
Measures & Targets:
Sales targets including net sales, UPT, ADS and conversion along with managing the shop budget, controlling costs, and driving profitability.
Stores sales goal, KPI goals, and profitability
Minimal travel based on business needs
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience (3 or more in a store manager role) in a retail environment or related area
- High School graduate or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Result driven with strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Upholds a personalized customer and employee experience
- Commitment to quality, detail focused on all levels
- Ability to adapt and multi-task in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to develop, motivate and others
- Computer Skills (MS Word, Excel and Outlook preferred)
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, and have strong listening skills
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds at a time
- Requires sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of time
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings according to the needs of the business