Senior Planner- APAC
Planning | Melbourne, AUS | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Senior Planner- APAC
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director Sales, Marketing, & Ops- APAC
DEPARTMENT: Planning & Inventory
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Sr. Planner APAC develops strategic commercial plans for the Australian business in order to maximize sales and meet financial objectives through the analysis of sales trends and forecasts. The Planner will attend open-to-buy meetings with Sales Teams, provide strategic and analytical support to achieve sales, gross margin, and key financial goals, assessing the health of all major accounts and provide analysis and recommendations to ensure future growth. The Sr Planner works closely with the APAC team to analyze business performance and optimize inventory levels to support the Wholesale and eCommerce business. This role is a key stakeholder within the business they must develop strong relationships with the US planning and inventory teams and have the ability to clearly present financial plans and influence positive change for the business.
- Forecasting – 40%
- Maintain SKU-level forecasting based on needs of the business, inclusive of units, sales dollars, and margin
- Regularly meet with key partners on Retail Planning team to gain insight into core business performance and review core-line forecasts and product to add/ de-range items in line with customer/website performance
- Forecast product lifecycle for the AU region by conducting analysis of style performance along with sales team feedback. Make recommendations to planning and merchandise team on styles to move to sell through, markdown and clearance from the Australian region.
- Collaborate and plan initial forecasts on all new releases in partnership with Sales & Digital teams, preparing historical analysis to ensure forecasting accuracy
- Analysis & Planning – 30%
- Analyze historical customer/item performance and recommend and present sales opportunities for future seasons
- Conduct new launch reviews; react to top performing SKU data to prepare support repeat purchases
- Partner with Sales team to identify key business trends and opportunities; develop business strategies based on findings in-season
- Prepare a Region-specific, post-season analysis in partnership with Sales and Merch teams
- Develop customer planning strategy reports for key account visits
- Financial Reporting - 20%
- Develop, create, and manage strategic Top-Down and Bottoms-Up financial reporting for APAC business
- Partner with Sales team and prepare information required for monthly Wholesale budget reviews
- Work with Sr Director of Sales Marketing & Operations to build strategic growth plans for APAC region
- Analyze all new major account trading terms and co-op deals to establish account profitability/viability
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) & Concessions– 10%
- Support Sales team with vendor managed inventory (VMI) /concession order preparation
- Collaboratively manage inventory levels of all VMI/concession accounts with the Sales team partners to ensure topline sales targets & closing stock levels are met
Budget Owner: Yes
- Responsible for managing the 2019 AUS Wholesale Sales budget and the Open-to-Buy budget as directed by the Sr. Director of Planning.
- With US and APAC Digital team input, manage the AUS eComm-DTC budget.
- Directly responsible for creating financial forecasts by customer and item for the Australian business and joint ownership of new-item planning with the US planning team.
Key Working Relationships:
The incumbent for this role must establish strong working relationships with the Director of Planning
Sales Managers, Account Coordinators, Inventory Manager, and Warehouse Supervisor. This role is also responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with the Planning divisions of key, major retailers.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Merchandise Planning within a fast-fashion business
- Experience in supply & demand planning
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with demonstrated experience interpreting raw data gathered through reporting in order to guide business recommendations
- Advanced Excel skills including: Pivot tables, vlookups, logical formulas, and macros
- Ability to effectively collaborate and manage execution of merchandise plans with multiple key-partners across internal business units
- Advanced forecasting and data modelling skillset with a proven ability to build new analytical reporting tools and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
5-10% - Occasional travel when required
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 5 kilograms of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.