Sales Lead, FT
Retail Shops | Valley Fair, Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
Our Story: We were born roadside on the festival circuit, surrounded by music artists and festival goers who inspired us to create notoriously cool, affordable sunnies for the nonconforming and freethinking. From dramatically oversized aviators to reflective lenses and bold cat eyes, Quay Australia has become a favorite for individuals with fearless style, a carefree attitude and fresh perspective.
Since 2004, we’ve built a #QUAYSQUAD that is loyal, passionate and looks to us to make them stand out in a crowd and set the trend for their latest accessories. Seen on countless celebrities and known for our limited edition influencer collaborations, Quay Australia is the go-to accessible brand for millennial women that makes them feel like they are part of the in crowd.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This role acts as both a supervisor to the Sales Associate team and contributes to the Shop’s success by achieving individual sales and productivity goals through personalized service while demonstrating expertise in product knowledge that supports the Quay vision and brand.
Supervisory - 50%
- Maintains a consistent sales floor presence, interacting with customers and associates to ensure the best service is provided through effective floor supervision
- Coaching and developing sales associates to ensure high-level of performance and productivity
- Ability to foster a diverse team environment and demonstrating a flexible leadership style when interacting and managing employees with varying skills and responsibilities
Sales and Service - 50%
- Ensure personal sales and productivity goals are met
- Demonstrate the ability to style a diverse group of customers with eyewear and accessories
- Prioritize and multi-task various in-store responsibilities, while being attentive to customers
- Exhibit a professional and fashion-forward image while representing the brand
- Contribute to the upkeep of the shop’s brand image by maintaining visual presentation standards
- Keep current on fashion, market trends and product knowledge
- Provide merchandise and customer feedback to shop management
- Minimizing loss by following all loss prevention procedures
- Meet assigned deadlines when completing shop tasks and projects
- Comply with all shop maintenance, cleanliness and safety standards
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: N/A
Key Working Relationships:
This person is required to maintain strong working relationships with the entire Shop team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in fashion sales and with some experience in a leadership role
- Experience delivering a personalized customer service experience
- Ability to perform basic math functions with a calculator
- Basic computer skills and software proficiency (MS Word, Excel and Outlook preferred)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, shop openings and closings according to the needs of the business
- This position is based in a retail shop environment. Requires standing and walking up to 8 hours per shift
- Requires stooping and kneeling to process and place merchandise as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise from storage
- May be required to climb ladder or stepstool in order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale
- Required to lift items weighing 5 to 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher
- Required to work an average of 40 hours per week
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.