Purchase Order Coordinator
Sourcing & Production | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Purchase Order Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Sourcing and Production
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Purchase Order Coordinator/Specialist owns the creation, maintenance, and tracking of all factory and allocation PO’s written for QUAY. The role will support the Production, Transportation, and Inventory Management team to ensure timely delivery into Quay’s global distribution centers. This individual must have a strong attention to detail and be able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced Company currently in growth phase.
- Create all factory purchase orders in Netsuite, ensuring PO detail accuracy
- Create all allocation PO’s and sales orders in Netsuite
- Maintain timely updates to cost, ex-factory dates, and allocations for all open PO’s in NetSuite and on the Global Finalized Buy sheet
- Reviews shipping documents (packing list, commercial invoice) against allocation PO’s to ensure factories are shipping on-time and in full; fulfills PO’s in NetSuite, and process receipts
- Ensure all vendor requested changes to POs are approved in a timely manner, escalating to the Production Manager when necessary
- Amend purchase orders and communicate changes to agent/vendor; ensure confirmation of changes with agent/vendor
- Prepare purchase orders for inventory transfers
- Support Manager with expediting late and/or urgent orders with suppliers; analyzes impact of late orders, and informs internal teams of any delivery changes in a timely manner
- Works with cross-functional teams on item setup to ensure new SKU’s are setup in time to meet PO deadlines
- Update cross-functional partners on ETA dates and provide continual updates as changes occur.
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: None
Key Working Relationships: This role must maintain strong working relationships with Merchandising, Design, Production, Transportation, Planning, Inventory Management and Inventory Control teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Production/Procurement role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience and training required
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel; experience with NetSuite or ERP system preferred.
- Ability to work with individuals on a at varying levels across the global organization
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to multitask and maintain accuracy while working with large amounts of data and info-streams
- Preferred, knowledge of eyewear industry
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.