Planning | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Merchandise Planner
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Planning & Operations
DEPARTMENT: Planning & Inventory
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for developing merchandise plans for Quay’s global Wholesale customers that maximize sales to meet financial objectives through the analysis of sales trends and forecasts. Responsible for creating and managing category Tops-Down and Bottoms-Up financial forecasts based on business needs and creation of ‘new launch’ forecasts. The Planner will use analytical approach to inform global assortment plans, identify business risks and opportunities to achieve sales, profitability, and margin targets. This role owns overall demand signal, building the relationship with the Sales team, and executing the planning deliverables to ensure best in class forecast accuracy.
- Partner on the creation and communication of Tops-Down and Bottoms-Up financial forecasts for Global Wholesale accounts; analyze sales-performance at the Customer/department/category/sku level to support Sales & business team intelligence 25% Collab
- Own, maintain, and execute the demand planning system and process by which a baseline statistical forecast is created and business-intelligence is added; 20 % Primary
- Partner and participate in monthly collaboration meetings to provide clarity of assumptions, business actions and trends, provide the foundation for discussions to drive the business based on analysis 15% Collab
- Partner with Sales team to identify key business trends and opportunities; able to develop business strategies needed based on findings 10% Collab
- Create monthly New Launch Performance analysis to provide insight into current trends; provide guidance to Sales/Merchandising team for future developments 10% Collab
- Support Sales Team with weekly and ad hoc merchandise reporting, recaps; identify and capitalize on product trends 10% Primary
- Support development of a tops- down global perspective on seasonal merchandise strategies; partner with merchant team to collectively determine appropriate style counts for ongoing/future product 10% Collab
Budget Owner: Yes
Fiscal Accountabilities: Directly responsible for creating Financial Forecasts by Region/ Item. Owns new item planning. Joint ownership on Customer OTB forecast.
Key Working Relationships:
- This role must maintain strong working relationships with Global Wholesale, Planning, Inventory Control, Production and Merchandising.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least +2 years of merchandise planning or demand forecast experience
- Bachelor’s degree; Finance, Operations, Retail Management or Business Management required (or equivalent work experience)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; must be able to build templates, use reporting tools/ systems, manipulate large quantities of data in Microsoft Excel to guide decisions
- An entrepreneurial attitude with a strong desire to be a self-starter
- A high level of comfort working in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills to interpret meaningful themes from quantitative data; Able to use rigor and logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships across departments, global regions and cultures
- Good communication and presentation skills : concisely presents complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences
- Comfort with ambiguity and passion/excitement for building new tools and processes
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.