Manager, IT Business Intelligence & Integration
Information Technology | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology. This is a strategic role for the company as this role is the main liaison between our various business functions and information technology. It involves partnering with all Business teams to meet their reporting and data integration requirements which includes being able to translate those business requirements to information technology solutions. The Manager is responsible for the conceptual, logical and physical design of data warehouses including DB objects, tables, stored procedures, dimensions, fact tables and OLAP cubes. They are also responsible for designing and developing enterprise level reporting solutions to capture, retain and aggregate data for complex report requirements using the Microsoft Business Intelligence framework. Another key responsibility for this role includes design, test, implement and maintain of all integrations between systems.
- Standardize and automate global reporting systems – Primary 20%
- Leverage Microsoft Azure and Power BI platforms or other leading BI platforms to deliver operational and redundant data warehouse services – Primary 10%
- Provide up to the minute reporting capabilities through an independent reporting data warehouse instance – Collab 10%
- Meet regularly with all Quay business partners to identify new opportunities and to build relevant reports and assist in process automation where possible – Collab 5%
- Strive for continuous improvements in the methods data and information can be shared and delivered across all Quay entities – 5%
- Build and Maintain system to system integrations to reduce manual processes, improve data accuracy and enable the ability to scale global business operations – Primary 10%
- Stay informed about ways to leverage new technologies related to business reporting and integration – Collab 5%
- Ensure that the technical architecture aligns with the functional and non-functional requirements received from our business partners and stakeholders – Primary 5%
- Leverage the Dell Boomi integration platform to build and maintain integrations across the entire system stack at Quay and its partners – Primary 10%
- Manage and guide direct reports (integration / report developers, etc.) – Primary 10%
- Actively participate in all enterprise architecture discussions & manage software vendors – Collab 5%
- Provide level 1,2 and 3 production support – Collab 5%
Budget Owner: Y | N Yes – department and capital expenditures budget
Spend within prescribed budgets as well as find and implement savings
Key Working Relationships:
This role must maintain strong working relationships with business partners and peers across the globe (across all departments)
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years relevant work experience in BI and Integration field
- 2+ years optional Management experience.
- College degree in Computer Science, Business or related field.
- Working knowledge and experience with IT project development processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to interface with internal customers, management and outside vendors.
- Ability to influence decisions.
- Strong business acumen extremely process oriented. Good trouble-shooting skills with a successful track record of removing project roadblocks and engineering business solutions to both technical and non-technical problems.
- Good time management & attention to detail.
- Deadline oriented and highly disciplined.
- General good understanding of software development processes, particularly in a PCI driven environment.
- Experience with regression testing is mandatory.
- Software Development Skills (5 plus years) in .Net or Java.
- Experience with the following technologies and data formats:
- RDBMS, SQL (Sr Level, 5+ Years), JSON, Consumption of Web Services (SOAP&REST), XML, Unstructured Data, SFTP/Box integrations.
- Proven experience to leading a diverse team of developers.
- Solid experience with integration platforms such as Dell Boomi, Mule Soft, IBM WebSphere and Oracle Fusion.
- Experience in processing large data volumes.
- Experience building complex ETL processes and Web Service integrations.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly as technology throughout the industry and within the organization is evolving.
- Solid experience building reports using solutions such as Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Power BI, Tableau and Looker.
- Experience working with C Level internal customers as well as 3rd party analysts and developers.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 30 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.