Jr. Front End Web Developer
Global DTC | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Jr. Front End Web Developer
REPORTS TO: VP, DTC /eComm
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Jr. Front End Web Developer will support the Global DTC team by managing ongoing eCommerce site enhancement projects including management of digital content management and product data; and act as a thought-partner to merchandising and creative teams. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced, dynamic work environment, where continuous experimentation and innovation are highly valued. This role will work directly with IT, operational, creative and merchandising teams to bring ideas to life in a functional environment.
- Develop software, applications and infrastructure to power the Shopify driven Quay.com B2C eCommerce site experience (30%, primary responsibility)
- Partner with the design and merchandising teams to transform mock-ups into engaging, accessible web experiences (20%, primary responsibility)
- Collaborate with key cross-functional DTC and IT partners to help scope features, identify potential trade-offs, and ensure we’re building the right thing for our users (15%, primary responsibility)
- Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion. Drive rigor in our agile development process. Collaborate via JIRA board, participate in and conduct code reviews, pull requests, etc. (15%, collaborator)
- Provide front-end testing support for cross-functional technology projects (10%, primary responsibility)
- Research and recommend new technologies and applications to improve the Quay.com user experience (10%, primary responsibility)
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: NA
Key Working Relationships:
- This role must establish a strong working relationship with the Global brand marketing and DTC teams.
- This role will require strong collaboration with the IT team and external development partners
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years professional experience developing large, well-tested web applications
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Experience working with and processing data from web APIs
- Experience in an agile development process, familiar working with Atlassian tool set or similar
- Experience with Shopify and personalization tools (e.g. Dynamic Yield) preferred
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well
- Excellent front-end debugging skills
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment and responding to change
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with designers, developers, and marketing teams
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.