Product Development & Merchandising | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Our Story: We were born roadside on the festival circuit, surrounded by music artists and festival goers who inspired us to create notoriously cool, affordable sunnies for the nonconforming and freethinking. From dramatically oversized aviators to reflective lenses and bold cat eyes, Quay Australia has become a favorite for individuals with fearless style, a carefree attitude and fresh perspective.
For over 12 years, we’ve built a #QUAYSQUAD that is loyal, passionate and looks to us to make them stand out in a crowd and set the trend for their latest accessories. Seen on countless celebrities and known for our limited edition influencer collaborations, Quay Australia is the go-to accessible brand for millennial women that makes them feel like they are part of the in crowd.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Jr. Designer role supports the lead designer in the development of the product line from conceptualization onward, including research, CAD drawings, fit analysis, material sourcing, and prototype review. The Jr. Designer will be responsible for the record keeping of the product & sample development processes along with maintaining an archive of related internal communication materials. Success in this role will be measured by the execution of a product range that is representative of the Quay brand vision and the accurate record keeping of sample development process.
- Daily tracking and communication of product samples and development of critical-path (25%)
- Gathers market research and proposes seasonal color palettes and product trend direction (20%)
- Communicate with factories on latest material developments, sample development status, and set-up of new product (25%)
- Creates tech-packs and delivery instructions for partner factories (10%)
- Allocates Master-Data and sets-up new styles in Quay’s ERP system (10%)
- Coordinates with production team on product sample approvals and new product range development (10%)
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: N/A
Key Working Relationships:
This incumbent for this role must establish a strong working relationship with Merchandising, Design, and Production teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in or equivalent design experience and training required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in product development/ design role
- Knowledge of eyewear industry strongly preferred
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, online calendar, Adobe CS (Illustrator), CAD vector-based design experience a plus.
- Ability to work with individuals in varying regions in a variety of global locations.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills, detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Domestic & international expected 1-2 times per year (5%)
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.