International Logistics Specialist
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Accountable for the timely and compliant processing of imports and export shipments. Responsible to achieve complete adherence to Customs Compliance regulations. Work consistently with Company policies and operating and budgetary objectives.
The International Logistics Coordinator will primarily perform duties involving document preparation, data entry, file maintenance, effectively coordinating the Company’s International Traffic process (Imports and Exports) while fully adhering to Customs regulations. This position functions with a general knowledge of corporate structure and understanding of international shipment movements.
- Ensure adherence to all Customs requirements to achieve full compliance.
- Effectively identify discrepancies with International trade documentation and immediately communicate to pertinent internal and external parties.
- Maintain effective communications with all departments needed to ensure an efficient workflow process.
- Confirm Incoterms and determine most efficient and economical shipping method.
- Review, reconcile and maintain Shipping Logs, updating Intercompany Transactions with Shipping Status and Tracking Information.
- Process imports/exports shipments through our ERP system and generate the pertinent reports.
- Monitor and report import/export shipments status from origin to destination: pick-up, in-transit, Customs clearance, delivery.
- Work with sales on account implementation.
- Coordinate daily import shipment delivery with 3PL’s, domestic carriers and regional distribution centers.
- Review and reconcile daily Import Shipment Report from 3PL’s.
- Maintain Import/Export Files and Reports for record keeping compliance, audit preparation and cost analysis purposes.
- Review, code and file service providers’ invoices.
- Timely and accurately file and monitor International Loss and Damage claims with pertinent carriers.
- Prepare international freight quotes as needed.
- Assist domestic traffic for regional distribution centers as needed.
- Assist others in distribution center management team by collaborating to shift priorities resources and ensure achievement of overall departmental and company goals.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience on International Logistics and Trade.
- Excellent customer service skills and can do attitude.
- Extensive knowledge of Imports/Export processes and regulatory compliance.
- Computer experience: Microsoft Office.
- Solid Analytical and Metrics Skills
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently.
- Committed work ethic with ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Self-motivated with willingness to learn