International Logistics Analyst -- Must Reside SF or OH
Logistics & Transportation | Remote or San Francisco | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: International Logistics Analyst
MUST RESIDE IN- Bay Area CA or Ohio
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Logistics & Transportation
DEPARTMENT: Sourcing & Production
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The International Logistics Analyst oversees all outbound shipments across Quay’s global channels (80% DTC, 10% retail and 10% wholesale), identifies opportunities for transportation cost reduction, operational process improvements, and collaborates with internal and external partners in the timely resolution of shipping and delivery issues and implementation of preventive and corrective logistics strategies that will help ensure superior customer satisfaction and service.
- Proactively manage freight, parcel, and postal shipment exceptions, damages, and losses. Work effectively with transportation providers in ensuring implementation of preventive and corrective action plans. File freight claims as needed. – Primary, 20%
- Build and maintain a log of escalations. Provide internal partners (DTC, retail, wholesale) with status updates, insights, and timeline for resolution. – Collaborative, 10%
- Assess and mitigate potential impact of world events on domestic and international shipping and adapt logistics strategies to changing geopolitical and economic conditions. – Primary, 10%
- Confirm Incoterms, determine most efficient and economical shipping method, and ensure 100% compliance with destination country’s rules and regulations. Submit shipment bookings and provide corresponding export documentation. – Primary, 5%
- Create a global DTC freight dashboard, and analyze shipping performance and trends per state, country, and region per month; identify opportunities for cost-reduction and process improvement across all areas of Quay’s transportation partnerships. – Primary, 20%
- Audit freight invoices from various domestic and international carriers on a weekly basis for billing accuracy. – Primary, 5%
- Maintain and revise standard operating procedures on an ongoing basis to keep current. – Primary, 10%
- Work with Sr. Manager, Logistics & Transportation to renegotiate contract rates, terms, and conditions as needed. – Collaborative, 5%
- Provide reporting from numerous databases (Netsuite, Shopify and Quay’s carrier data management systems) and perform ad hoc analysis as needed. – Primary, 10%
- Maintain Export Files and reports for recordkeeping compliance, audit preparation, and cost analysis purposes. – Primary, 5%
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: None
Key Working Relationships: This role works closely internally with DTC, Inventory Control, Brand, Retail, Wholesale and Finance, as well as externally with 3PL Distribution Centers, Freight Forwarders, Postal Mail and Parcel Carriers, and Customs Brokers.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar International Logistics and/or Trade role
- Knowledge of Import/Export processes and regulatory compliance
- Strong quantitative skills, and solid experience using analytics and metrics to monitor transportation spend and on-time shipping performance and make recommendations for improvements grounded in data
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Comfort and ability to balance competing deadlines and time-sensitive departmental priorities
- BA/BS with focus on Business Administration and/or International Trade
- Retail industry or Ecommerce experience
- Netsuite experience
None - 0% travel
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.