Head of People
People | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Head of People at Quay will be dedicated to helping achieve our business goals by cultivating a workplace where employees are highly engaged and people can do their best work. He/she will work closely with the CEO and leadership team to develop a strategic plan for Quay’s employee experience while expanding on Quay values and culture. The top priority will be to build and develop the People team to deliver a seamless and positive employee experience from recruitment, onboarding, development, and performance feedback through development of programs, leadership coaching and effective organizational design.
The Head of People will wear many hats and work at both the strategic and tactical level. On any given day, they are designing new, scalable programs and frameworks, advising and coaching leaders, and iterating on how we can improve our ability to work as a team. The Head of People will be involved in all the key moments of an employee's life cycle which results in a wide breadth of responsibilities and opportunities. Ideal candidates will have an expansive and holistic view of the employee lifecycle from hire to exit and experience working with tools and technology that simplify and enhance the employee experience.
- Develop deep relationships and build trust with senior leadership.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to business leaders on people-related strategies and engagements.
- Autonomously lead the design, implementation, and iteration of new people programs as well as assess and improve current people programs.
- Develop and manage overall recruiting and talent management plan in partnership with finance team
- Engage on issues of organizational design, process, and workflows in order to help teams operate more effectively.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to develop a diversity and inclusion plan as part of the employee experience.
- Utilize people metrics to drive key insights and decisions around growth and retention.
- Coach and function as an advocate and resource to resolve key employee issues.
- Own and implement our benefits and compensation programs
- Own and implement our learning and development programs from onboarding to continuous education
- Own and implement performance management programs
- Own employee and employer compliance programs
- Be a trusted strategic partner and advisor to the management team
- Guide and positively influence our culture as we grow and change
Key Working Relationships:
- Senior leadership team
- May have some interaction with the board
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of progressive HR or People Ops leadership experience
- Strong thought leadership and knowledge of best practices in People Ops
- Demonstrated leadership, strong personal presence, demonstrates initiative, is results-oriented, and acts with a sense of urgency
- Breadth of experience in start-up and mature company.
- Proven capability as a leader, manager, and a great developer of talent.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with all levels of employees.
- Exceptional communication, partnering and conflict management skills.
- Solid organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Someone who can thrive in ambiguity and develop solutions quickly..
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource or related fields (or equivalent validated work experience)
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.