Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Our Story: We were born roadside on the festival circuit, surrounded by music artists and festival goers who inspired us to create notoriously cool, affordable sunnies for the nonconforming and freethinking. From dramatically oversized aviators to reflective lenses and bold cat eyes, Quay Australia has become a favorite for individuals with fearless style, a carefree attitude and fresh perspective.
For over 12 years, we’ve built a #QUAYSQUAD that is loyal, passionate and looks to us to make them stand out in a crowd and set the trend for their latest accessories. Seen on countless celebrities and known for our limited edition influencer collaborations, Quay Australia is the go-to accessible brand for millennial women that makes them feel like they are part of the in crowd.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Graphic Designer supports the Sr. Manager of Brand Creative with all campaign projects from concept research to design implementations. The candidate must have a strong passion for design and photography. Daily responsibilities will include execution of creative briefs for both digital and print, seasonal image-based campaigns, competitive research, and production of approved design work.
Candidates should be passionate about the fashion space as well as have a keen eye for photography, design, typography, and understand current design trends and best practices for both print and digital. Flexibility and an interest in creative collaboration between multidisciplinary teams will be essential to help support the brand’s creation of innovative multi-tiered campaigns. Critical thinking, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills are required.
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Brand Creative
DEPARTMENT: Global Brand
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
- Support Sr. Manager of Brand Creative with formulation of campaign concepts, presentations (including mood boards & image presentations) and design studies
- Aid Sr. Marketing Manager in concept creation of seasonal campaign assets including photo direction, in-store marketing, new products, videos and printed deliverables.
- Execute on creative briefs submitted from various departments and global partners - including emails, site assets, logo/branding design, ad hoc misc. collateral
- Apply industry best practices to assignments while following brand guidelines and keeping all marketing consistent across multiple platforms such as website, store, email and third-party marketing
- Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, and visually engaging
- Maintain and archive brand assets for easy distribution and access cross-functionally
- Contribute to the evolution of the brand image
Budget Owner: N/A
Fiscal Accountabilities: N/A
Key Working Relationships:
This incumbent for this role must establish a strong working relationships with the Marketing, Web, Social Media, Product, Wholesale, PR, Visual Merchandising, and Stores.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with in-house or brand focused design
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Video editing is a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while being detail oriented, well organized, able to handle multiple projects and competing priorities at any given time
- Experience in a high-end graphics, marketing, or production environment. Retail or fashion industry experience is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work independently and within a team
Travel Requirements: Minimal, approximately 5%
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.