Product Development & Merchandising | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Global Merchant
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Global Merchandising
DEPARTMENT: Product Development & Merchandising
SUPERVISES: No direct reports
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Merchant is responsible for contributing to the success of Quay’s assortments through developing and driving product strategies that meet and exceed Quay’s financial goals. Merchant is responsible for creating the overall framework of product vision and strategy for assigned categories under the guidance of the Sr. Manager, Global Merchandising. Responsibilities include developing the market and financial strategy for their product categories in alignment with company growth strategies; managing the assortment framework of the product lines; delivering a style/sku optimized product line based on relevant data, insights and communication with the cross functional team that delivers on overall category financial goals.
- Analyze product performance and trends within assigned categories on an ongoing basis to ensure a customer-focused and data-driven assortment, recognizing opportunities and minimizing risks
- Provides quarterly, pre-season category strategy guidance to the Design team; works with Design to outline the business need to develop newness expansion opportunities to fill category gaps
- Collaborates with sales channel partners to understand the demands and needs of the business in order to develop global assortment offering
- Analyze results to drive business on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis to meet and exceed category plans
- Partner with Planning team to build pre-season category financial plans that align with Quay’s product strategy
- Provide internal partners with competitive analysis, including pricing, promotional strategies, and marketplace trends
- Own communication of all assortment updates and product details prior to launch to Sales/Brand/Digital teams
- Partner with Digital, Brand, and Retail teams to develop sales driving actions including product placement, region specific assortment and ranges, and promotional strategies to achieve targets
- Lead communication to Retail Shops team on in shop assortment, fixture/planogram planning and implementation with internal partners
- Understand competitive environment; proactively see market knowledge through exposure to competitive brands
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: Meet annual budget goals for department including sales, sku counts and gross margin targets.
Key Working Relationships:
This person is required to have strong working relationship with Design, Merchandising, Production, and all member of the Leadership Team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3+ years Retail Merchant/Buyer level experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop category/brand strategies
- Experience with managing and developing direct-reports and ability to collaborate and lead cross-functionally
- High-level problem solving and analytical skills, working well within ambiguity and navigating a complex business
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- International and local travel Annually -10%
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.