Full Stack Developer
Information Technology | Columbus, OH | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Full Stack Developer
REPORTS TO: Head of IT
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Head of IT, this role operates as the key IT liaison with our eCommerce channel. The role requires a proactive nature to ensure our business processes and technologies are scalable to our strategies in design and development of core-system components of Quay’s websites and applications. The role partners with external developers and the eCommerce, Creative, Merchandising and Supply Chain Business teams to prioritize and meet Quay’s eCommerce requirements. The developer is responsible for establishing and following best-practices in software development and release planning. The role also provides multiple levels of support for our always-on channel.
- Build and maintain a 24/7 support structure for all Quay owned and operated online properties in tandem with our platform provider; partner with front end development, business analysts, etc. – 35%
- o Provide on-site and post implementation support.
- o Compliance with data, customer and infrastructure security requirements as well as payment processing and data privacy laws.
- Drive continuous improvements to Quay online properties, ranging from minimizing page size to optimizing load times; use tools and new tech as they become available to reduce maintenance overhead and time to market for new features – 15%
- Assist internal teams with integration of the Shopify platform by providing platform expertise; assist in acceptance testing – 15%
- Engage with the Shopify (vendor) to prioritize feature development that will benefit Quay operations – 15%
- Research new 3rd party software products and provide recommendations to internal customers that seek new features (within the Shopify ecosystem including their direct partnerships) – 10%
- Ensure that the technical architecture aligns with the functional and non-functional requirements received from our business partners and stakeholders – 5%
- Set and follow best-practices in software development and release planning – 5%
- o Drive internal adoption of practices within IT and connected business teams: Digital Marketing, Creative and online Merchandising; seek related opportunities to drive our business.
- o Create and follow QA & Unit Testing Acceptance plans.
- o Software development, configuration and customization.
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: Spend within prescribed budgets as well as find and implement savings
Key Working Relationships: This role must maintain strong working relationships with our department heads (ecommerce, marketing/brand, product, creative) across the globe.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years enterprise web applications, web services development/deployment experience on cloud platforms.
- 2+ years experience with Shopify and building external applications that integrate with the Shopify ecosystem
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code.
- Demonstrated experience building and integrating APIs
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Working knowledge of AWS including Lambda, RESTful, EC2, ECS, ELB, RDS Database and S3/CDN
- Experience or understanding of Business flows in a Retail organization
- Strong ability to multi-task and support multiple projects at any given time
- Experience working with Agile development methodology
- Successful track record in delivering IT solutions on time and on budget
- Proven business acumen, with an ability to influence decisions
- Proven trouble-shooting skills with a successful track record of removing project roadblocks and engineering business solutions to both technical and non-technical problems
- Ability to travel 10% of the time which may include international travel
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 30 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.