Director, Site Experience
Global DTC | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Director, Site Experience
REPORTS TO: VP, DTC
DEPARTMENT: Global DTC
SUPERVISES: Sr. Manager, Commercial Planning, Web Developer, eComm Merchandiser UK-EU, Global Site Merchandiser, dotted line: Manager, Marketing & eComm AUS
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time, Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director, Site Experience will lead development and execution of the user experience roadmap for a mobile-first, B2C, Shopify driven eCommerce site. The ideal candidate is an expert at blending business strategies with technology solutions, is self-motivated and has strong project management skills - owning projects from ideation to completion (despite challenges and ambiguity). The Director, Site Experience thrives in a fast paced, high growth, dynamic work environment, where continuous experimentation and innovation are highly valued. You’ll help build a customer-oriented site that delivers seamless experiences through thoughtful analytics, strong implementation and a test and learn approach.
- Roadmap development: Partner with strategy and analytics team to identify the biggest user experience problems to solve. Drive product definition, strategy and long-term vision for which products and features are built globally, how they are scaled and why. (20%, collaborative)
- Project manage new feature development from start to finish. Work with strategy and analytics team to define, monitor and measure success metrics post launch; consistently integrating user experience behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions. (20%, primary responsibility)
- Deliver short term goals: act as a thoughtful participant of the day-to-day DTC site needs including: management of campaign, promo and product launches, development of ongoing QA process and management of ongoing site optimizations/enhancements. (20%, primary responsibility)
- Define and influence new ways of working with cross-functional teams as we scale and embark on the next wave of growth at Quay. Implement and lead best in class user experience and product management practices; including things like: feature testing, eye tracking results, QA, ongoing conversion funnel optimizations, creating DTC business cases to ensure IT roadmap support, etc (20%, collaborative)
- Lead team of 5: hire digital product team talent, develop existing site merchandising and web developer talent (20%, primary responsibility)
Budget Owner: Yes
Fiscal Accountabilities: Owns the annual web dues and subscriptions budget.
Key Working Relationships:
- This role must establish a strong working relationship with the Global brand marketing and DTC teams.
- This role will require strong collaboration with the IT team and external development partners.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years experience in eCommerce product management or user experience
- Mobile site and/or app experience required
- Background in the online Optical shopping experience preferred
- Previous experience working on the Shopify platform a plus
- Demonstrated success building and scaling eCommerce features and tools; effectively using data/business analysis to support product strategy and user experience decisions
- Jack of all trades: an eye for design, merchandising and user experience and a general understanding of system design and technical trade-offs
- Excellent communication skills: ability to understand and simplify complex ideas and processes, as well as communicate effectively with diverse cross-functional partners across all levels of the organization
- Passionate about bringing digital and physical products together in an innovative way
- Naturally curious, a person who dives deep into available information to better understand the task at hand
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, responding to change and managing multiple projects/deadlines at once
- Meticulously organized and detail-oriented, strong project management capabilities
- 0% - NA
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.