Internal Application: Director of People Operations
People | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The newly created Director of People Operations will play a critical role on Quay’s growing People team. This role is responsible for designing, deploying, and optimizing processes and programs to support a progressive People strategy, anchored in a deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion (DEI). The Director of People Ops will partner with internal stakeholders to build and evolve policies, programs, and processes to ensure a solid foundation exists across recruiting ops, HR ops, compensation/ benefits/ payroll, compliance, employee relations, and people programs.
This role will report to the Global Head of People and will be leveraged as a close partner in the development/deployment of Quay’s People team strategy and roadmap. It is a great opportunity for someone who can blend HR best practices with a progressive mindset and awareness of cutting-edge HR tech tools and practices.
Would love to hear why you think this role may be a strong mutual fit! Coverletters, while optional, are encouraged.
This role will evolve Quay’s current People practices into scalable, repeatable global processes that serve a diverse set of employees globally. Where no process has yet been built, the Director of People Ops will be able to design and rollout a global solution that scales as our business and complexity scales. Key responsibilities include:
- Total Rewards: Manage and evolve Quay’s Total Rewards Program, including compensation, benefits, perks and other forms of recognition
- People Processes/Programs: Collaborate to evolve Quay’s onboarding, performance review, professional development, retention, and promotion processes.
- People Analytics/HR Tech: Manage and leverage HR Tech stack and ensure data integrity across various systems and tools. Enable People team to be more data driven in our decisions.
- Compliance: Develop and manage progressive people policies and procedures that are compliant with all local and national labor/safety laws for both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Employee Relations: Investigate employee relations issues and work with leaders on finding solutions
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion: Contribute to the design/implementation of programs that further our diversity, equity and inclusion strategy and contribute to creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace
BUDGET OWNER: No
FISCAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Work with Global Head of People to manage People budget
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
In addition to working closely with all members of the People team, this role will need to work closely with all business partners across all functions and regions. The candidate must be completely comfortable presenting information to Senior Leadership.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years in HR management; strong preference for prior People Ops leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree; preference for certifications/on-going study in the field of Human Resources, Org Behavior, I/O Psychology, or business
- Expert knowledge of US labor laws/policies, CA laws and compliance, and employee relations
- Experience working with non-exempt employees; strong preference for past experience with a retail organization
- Experience with a high-growth company; strong preference for past experience developing and scaling People Ops practices
- Uncompromised integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Exceptional communication skills – able to both summarize and explain complex topics
- Exceptional collaboration and stakeholder management skills – able to build trust rapport with employees across levels, cultures, job functions, and to know when to involve or inform others
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail
- Highly adept at coaching others effectively to positive outcomes.
Some travel may be required for this role.
- This position will be based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.