Director of Marketing, Global Brand
Marketing | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Director of Marketing, Global Brand
REPORTS TO: Head of Global Brand, VP
DEPARTMENT: Global Brand
SUPERVISES: Social Media & Marketing Manager, Social Media Specialist
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: San Francisco
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Quay Global Brand Team is responsible for creating the infectious buzz, awareness and flawless brand experiences that have earned Quay its loyal celebrity and devoted audience base. The Marketing Director will grow the Quay brand by developing breakthrough omni-channel marketing campaigns and engaging consumer experiences to build brand awareness. This position y develops strategies and go-to-market plans grounded in consumer insights to accelerate growth and market share gains for Quay. Being a digital native marketer is a must, as this role will drive growth and virality across our social media channels via innovative campaigns that drive awareness, engagement, and relevancy for the brand.
The ideal candidate Is at once a critical, strategic, and creative thinker who thinks outside the box and inspires cross functional teams and/or outside agencies to develop bold solutions to business and brand challenges. This person is a self-starter, able to quickly translate strategic insights into action and adept at the translation of complex business challenges into actionable marketing programs. They are a compelling storyteller, a strong leader and a data-driven marketer, equally comfortable leveraging insights to drive decision-making as they are providing and delivering creative feedback.
- Responsible for strategic planning, development, coordination, and execution of compelling brand storytelling, robust and fully integrated marketing activations, including the development and execution of social campaigns, content and creative development, strategic partnerships/alliances (celebrity, media + brand); ensures collaboration with internal teams and outside agencies (40% primary)
- Partner with growth marketing team on full-funnel strategies to deliver content needs in pursuit of customer acquisition & growth goals (30% primary)
- Lead the creation of marketing content for Quay through oversight of creative campaigns to support sales channels: DTC and retail shops (20% collaborative)
- Monitors industry trends and competition, acts as in-house subject matter expert; makes recommendations to Leadership regarding potential partnerships, adoption of relevant new marketing/social techniques into corporate culture, and Quay’s products and services (10%, primary)
Budget Owner: Yes
Fiscal Accountabilities: Manages advertising and collab budget in partnership with Head of Global Brand.
Key Working Relationships: The incumbent for this role must establish strong working relationships with Marketing, Web, Social Media, Product, Wholesale, PR, Visual Merchandising, and Stores.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience managing a large- brand marketing, social and digital team with a record of consistent success
- MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of consumer marketing & social media trends/platforms and their impact on brand preferably within fashion, beauty, or consumer space
- Strong understanding of successful brand marketing vehicles, with emphasis on video, from start-to-finish
- Experience identifying and managing brand-partnership opportunities to drive KPIs
- A collaborative mindset, with an ability to lead through influence; build and nurture strong cross functional relationships, with a particularly deep understanding of the creative process, and an ability to effectively collaborate with creative partners
- A demonstrated ability to develop, coach, create focus and clarity across your team, communicate to cross-functional partners on an ongoing basis using data to provide context
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholder opinions and prioritize
- A passion for consumer centricity and for brand building
- The agility to flex between day-to-day reactive work and long-term strategy work
- Influencer relations experience
- Deep understanding of marketing to GenZ/millennial audiences
- 5-10% travel required
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.