Director, Global Customer Experience
Operations | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Director, Global Customer Experience
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
SUPERVISES: Customer Experience Manager, Customer Experience Specialists
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: San Francisco or Columbus
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director, Global Customer Experience will bring Quay’s customer service strategy and philosophy to life, overseeing daily operations, and building a best-in-class, omni-channel customer service experience. Responsibilities include managing the day-to-day departmental duties, monitoring team transactions, interactions, and providing tactical support and improving customer service supporting the sale of notoriously cool sunglasses and stylish prescription eyewear. The ideal candidate has a passion for operational excellence as this role is both hands-on and also requires a strong cross-functional partner skill. They see the big picture and can clearly communicate with team members and cross-functional partners at all levels.
- Accountable for Customer Service operations supporting Digital, Social and Shops
- Ensure that all customer inquiries are handled in an accurate and timely fashion
- Provide regular updates on customer service performance metrics to inform business decisions
- Work cross-functionally and with third-party providers to improve customer service; oversee our outsourced servicing operations, including training, SLAs, issue resolution, and quality assurance
- Maintain awareness of industry developments and apply best practices to Quay process and operations
- Develop and implement training and quality assurance programs
- Act as liaison between the customer service and other teams in the company
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements impacting customer service
- Maintain in-depth working knowledge of the company’s products, systems, and processes
- Draft, submit and manage to the approved department budget
- Collect and synthesize customer feedback and insights and share back across the organization.
- Build and maintain dashboards and tools, provide reporting and analysis, and surface other opportunities to drive a best-in-class customer experience and enable teammates to do their best work.
- Support team growth, including hiring, and the expansion into new channels and tools, and consideration for outsourced solutions.
- Establish and scale our processes for problem resolution best practices and other operationally complex situations
- Developing a customer service roadmap and list of strategic initiatives to ensure we're consistently delivering best-in-class customer experience standards as our businesses grow and scale.
Budget Owner: Yes
- Draft, propose annual operating budget
- Annual budget for outsourced customer service call center and technology providers
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy
Key Working Relationships:
- DTC, Shops, Brand, Operations, IT, Order Management, third-party providers
- Flexibility in working hours is needed as key stakeholders are in various time zones including US, Australia, and UK
Travel Requirements: Less than 20%
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of customer experience; 5+ years of managing and developing customer service operations
- Experience working with and understanding call center tools, technology, and process
- Ability to gather and analyze data to generate actionable insights
- Retail and/or Direct to Consumer experience required
- Demonstrated passion for customer service
- A creative and innovative problem solver
- Experience with project management, demonstrating managerial planning and prioritization
- Experience with FreshDesk and chatbots preferred
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.