Global Creative | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Copywriter
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Global Brand
DEPARTMENT: Global Brand
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Copywriter, Global Brand is responsible all copywriting needs across the company, including writing and editing copy for marketing campaigns, product, social, web, PR, retail, and email and developing a cohesive voice for Quay Australia. The Copywriter, Global Brand reports to the Sr. Director, Global Brand with a dotted line into Sr. Manager, Content Marketing & Social Media and will work closely to conceptualize ideas and strategies for digital campaigns and content. The role requires a deep understanding of fashion and accessories and how to market to Millennials and Gen Z.
- Partners within Digital, Social and Creative teams to create strong content plans that support community and wardrobe marketing strategies across all customer touch-points
- Works in partnership with Sr. Manager, Content Marketing & Social Media to take product concepts and expand into clear and coherent customer-facing story sets
- Leverages the content produced by creative to support product launches by building compelling story sets; quickly adapts/implements learnings from customer response to Quay’s campaigns/initiatives along with changes in culture zeitgeist
- Leverages customer insights, social listening, fashion/beauty/culture trends to develop an understanding of what is most relevant to our audience; shares it generously with internal teams
- Writes accurate, compelling and succinct copy with attention to grammar and brand guidelines
- Generates creative, engaging and witty copy and concept approaches, by developing multiple solutions for a single assignment
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: NA
Key Working Relationships:
This role coordinates closely with the following teams:
- Marketing, PR, Ecomm, Email, Wholesale and others to create marketing and product copy that supports the brand.
- Marketing, Social, PR, Brand, Digital, and Creative teams to oversee the development of campaigns and content for all marketing initiatives across web, social, email, and retail.
- Digital team to oversee an online experience enriched by engaging content.
- Product development team to develop product, collection, and new category names and messaging.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 years of copywriting experience.
- A broad liberal arts education, or equivalent work experience.
- B.S. or B.A. in Journalism, English or Creative Writing preferred.
- Strong creative writing and grammar skills and experience developing copy for successful marketing campaigns.
- Ability to organize data and actionable insights in easy-to-understand executive summaries
- A deep understanding of eCommerce and user experience within the digital space.
- Capability to meet tight deadlines while multi-tasking and managing a high volume of projects.
- Proficiency with Mac platforms and Microsoft Office programs. Experience with Keynote is helpful but not required.
5% travel required
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.