Planning | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Category Planner
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Planning and Operations
DEPARTMENT: Planning & Inventory
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Category Planner is responsible for analyzing and developing Merchandise trends and strategies for both Pre Season and In Season. The Planner will use an analytical approach to inform global assortment plans, identify business risks and opportunities to maximize sales, profitability, and margin. The Planner is responsible for creating and managing Category Tops-Down and Bottoms-Up financial forecasts based on business needs and creates ‘new launch’ forecasts for a rapidly growing company. This role requires a highly cross functional and collaborative work style. The Merchandising, Product Development, Inventory Management and Production teams will be key partners to providing strategic and analytical insights to support brand strategy and vision.
• Analyzes and develops Merchandise trends and strategies by Category/Region for the global business. 15% Primary
• Owns business recaps that identify trends across both Quay category and styles, at the regional level, to influence assortment 10% Primary
• Partners with Merchandising/Inventory teams to identify key business trends and opportunities; able to develop business strategies needed based on findings 15% Collab
• Presents trend insight in Quay’s global weekly business review meetings that will inform future purchases and assortment strategies. 10% Primary
• Monitor and evaluate In Season business performance to develop forward looking inventory strategies that support key business objectives 10% Primary
• Support development of a tops-down global perspective on seasonal merchandise strategies; partner with merchant team to collectively determine appropriate style counts for ongoing/future product 10% Collab
• Create monthly New Launch performance analysis to provide insight into current trends; provide guidance to Design team for future developments 10% Collab
• Owns the Category Inventory OTB (open to buy); provides guidance on sales forecast, receipts, and inventory levels to support sales forecast and maintain optimal inventory position 10% Primary
• Identify and recommend selling approaches for slow moving product considering Quay’s omni-channel disposition strategies 10% Primary
Budget Owner: Yes
Fiscal Accountabilities: Directly responsible for creating Financial Forecasts by Region/ Item. Owns new item planning. Joint ownership on IR Pre vs In Season analytics and positioning.
Key Working Relationships: This role must maintain strong working relationships with Sales, Planning, Inventory Management, Product Development & Merchandising
Required Skills & Experience:
- Four year college degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years in a Planning role in sku-intensive atmosphere
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, demonstrated experience gathering and manipulating large amounts of data to answer questions and solve problems
- Advanced Excel skills include Pivot tables, vlookups, logical formulas and macros
- Ability to collaborate effectively and manage execution across multiple business teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven past experience with building new Planning tools and processes
Travel Requirements: 10%
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.