Business Systems Analyst
Information Technology | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Business Systems Analyst
REPORTS TO: Manager IT Business Systems
HEADCOUNT TYPE: New Position
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
JOB LEVEL: Specialist FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Summary of Position:
The Business Systems Analyst plays a key role supporting Finance, Order Management, Supply Chain, Operations and Planning teams in Quay’s continued growth plan. The analyst must deliver effective and efficient solutions that meet business needs and resolve production support issues related to IT applications while providing excellent internal service. This role offers a special opportunity to be part of growing, results oriented, and driven IT organization.
Primary Responsibilities 80%
- Responsible for NetSuite ERP administration, configuration, maintenance, change management, and ensuring proper updates to production system
- Ensure business and functional requirements are properly configured in NetSuite & other business applications; maintain up to date knowledge of NetSuite functionality, customization, and integration
- Work with business users and system analysts and developers to design, develop new business processes and enhance/improve existing functions.
- Provide production support for daily operations; analyze and solve reported application issues
- Maintain the integration of NetSuite with internal and external applications, including EDI (True Commerce), multiple third-party logistics(3PL’s), and the Datawarehouse system
- Creates data mapping documents, performs integration testing, and ensures the accuracy of data integration between Quay Business Systems like PLM, WMS, ERP, Ecommerce, Retail etc.
- Work with business partners on all new IT initiatives, gathering needs & requirements, data mapping, business process definition, unit testing, integration testing, UAT, and production cutover
- Responsible for writing unit testcases maintaining traceability to requirements and thorough testing of functionalities and opening of bugs as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating user acceptance testing and issue resolution.
- Responsible for production support of store applications and testing and roll out of new features.
- Ensures that Business Applications delivery meets service-level agreements
- Maintain proper system access for all users, maintain role-based segregation of duty
- Monitor end-user usage of systems, tracking performance, maintaining system documentation
- Resolve software interface issues, define input/output definitions, ensure integrity of the system integration; troubleshoot and resolve NetSuite issues related to users, application, or integrations
- Develop reports, workflows, saved searches, and queries to support business requirements in ERP, web, and retail business systems.
- Creates and maintains business process flow and system integration documentation
- Stays up to date on new system capabilities available with software releases for business systems Suggests ways Quay can leverage new features to improve current business processes.
- Identifies key opportunities and gaps in core-business processes and technology solutions
- Implements best practices to drive innovation and continuous IT improvement
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: N/A
Key Working Relationships: This role must maintain strong working relationships with business partners, application users, project managers, internal IT team, external application consultants.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- 3+ years of Business Systems Analyst experience or software product development
- 1+ years of hands-on NetSuite administration experience preferred
- 2 years of experience supporting and resolving day to day production support issues and requests from business partners. Ability to be hands on, demonstrate curiosity and resolve issues with minimum guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to do accurate testing and produce and maintain business systems documentation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the ERP capabilities including item records, inventory management, customers, suppliers, purchasing, receiving, order management, invoicing, and shipping
- Experience with supporting a multi-channel brand through ecommerce, wholesales, and retail
- Strong understanding of “Order to Cash” & “Procure to Pay” business processes
- Experience with application integration for Ecommerce, wholesale, and logistics, this includes EDI, B2B, B2C, 3PL and cloud application integration tools like Dell Boomi.
- Experience with SQL and SQL Server Integration Services
- Familiar with Software Lifecycle Management, Change Management, and Agile methodology
- Demonstrated success at delivering technical solutions that solve complex business problems
- Ability to influence the opinions and approach of business and IT colleagues
- Ability to effectively present to audiences at every level of the organizational structure
- Up to 5% travel may be required.
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.