Assistant Shop Manager
Shops Retail - Arizona | Fashion Square, Scottsdale, AZ | Full Time
Our Story: Quay was born roadside on the Australian festival circuit, soaking up good vibes + bold style inspired by the unfiltered self-expression of artists + festival-goers. It was there that we began to create cool, affordable sunnies that stand out in the crowd. Today our community is bigger + better than ever, setting our sights on making eyewear to Express Your Selfie. Whether you want to Stay Shady in our sunnies, Practice Safe Specs in our blue light, or get prescription glasses with Serious Specs Appeal, we're here to help you #findyourquays without breaking the bank- styles starting at $55.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Assists the Shop Manager in driving the business to achieve maximum sales, productivity and profit goals through customer service, operational excellence, leadership, communication, and talent development while supporting the Quay vision and brand. This role is predominantly on the sales floor providing service, interacting with customers and associates.
- Assists the Shop Manager in achieving the shop’s sales targets by maximizing profits, minimizing costs and managing workforce budgets
- Delivering excellent customer service by example, ensuring highly visible and effective customer service management
- Maintains a consistent sales floor presence, interacting with customers and associates to ensure the best service is provided through effective floor supervision
- Assists the Shop Manager in recruitment, training, developing, and coaching all members of the shop team to ensure high-performance and productivity
- Demonstrates a respect for diversity and flexes managerial style when working with associates of different skills and responsibilities; maintains a positive and healthy workplace
- Ensures shop compliance with company policy and procedures, taking a consistent approach with all associates
- Ensures brand image is presented consistent with visual merchandising and service expectations
- Minimizes loss by adhering to all loss prevention procedures, stockroom processing and replenishment procedures, and inventory management processes
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the accessory industry, monitoring activity of local competitors
Budget Owner: No
Responsible for assisting the Shop Manager in achieving Shop’s sales goal, KPI goals and profitability
Key Working Relationships:
This person is required to maintain strong working relationships with the Director of Retail Operations, Shop Managers and the entire Shop team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience (1 or more in a shop manager role) in a retail environment or related area
- High School graduate or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Ability to adapt and multi-task in a fast-changing, retail environment
- Ability to develop, motivate staff and others through strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic computer skills and software proficiency (MS Word, Excel and Outlook preferred)
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, shop openings and closings according to the needs of the business
5% annual average based on new shop openings and trainings. Minimal travel based on business needs otherwise.
- This position is based in a retail shop environment. Requires standing and walking up to 8 hours per shift
- Requires stooping and kneeling to process and place merchandise as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise from storage
- May be required to climb ladder or stepstool in order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale
- Required to lift items weighing 5 to 25 lbs. regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher
- Required to work an average of 40 hours per week
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.