Accounts Payable Specialist
Finance | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Accounts Payable Specialist
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The AP Specialist is responsible for recording and managing the entire Accounts Payable process for all entities part of Quay Eyeware Pty Ltd. Additionally, the role requires self-sufficiency, an attention to detail, a deadlines-oriented approach to workload and continual communication with the Accounting Manager.
• Record bills in Netsuite for Quay Eyeware Pty Ltd, Quay Eyeware Ltd and Quay Eyeware, Inc “Entities” (Primary 50%)
• Manage all bill payments to ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner for all Entities (Primary 10%)
• Coordinate with Staff Accountant to ensure all AP bank transactions have been recorded and are reconciled for all Entities (Primary 5%)
• Reconcile and resolve any discrepancies between Netsuite and vendor statements for all Entities (Primary 10%)
• Assist in month, quarterly and year end close by preparing AP month end reconciliations (Primary 10%)
• Ensure all bills are being approved by business partners in a timely manner (Primary 5%)
• Review AP aging report on a weekly basis to ensure balances have been paid to date with vendors (Primary 5%)
• Record journal entries, as needed (Collab 2.5%)
• Assist in other accounting projects, as needed, such as desktop procedures for our Accounts payable process (Collab 2.5%)
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: The AP Specialist ensures all bills are recorded and paid in a timely manner to avoid late fees or any other superfluous charges.
Key Working Relationships: This role must maintain strong working relationships with all internal business partners as well as Finance team members.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance
• Proficiency in GAAP and IFRS concepts
• Ability to critically analyze Balance Sheet and Income Statement transactions
• Strong / advanced excel skills
• Excellent written and oral communication and problem-solving skills
• CPA preferred
• Consumer products industry and/or Netsuite experience preferred
0%-5% minimal travel required.
• This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.