Accounts Payable and Receivable, Specialist
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Melbourne Born and Raised… Our Story: Born roadside on the festival circuit, surrounded by music artists and festival goers who inspired us to create COOL, AFFORDABLE sunnies for the freethinking. From dramatically oversized aviators to edgy fashion sunnies, Quay Australia has become a favorite for individuals with FEARLESS STYLE, a carefree attitude and fresh perspective.
For over 14 years, we’ve built a loyal, passionate #QUAYSQUAD who looks to us to make them stand out in the crowd and set the trends. Seen on countless celebrities and known for our limited-edition influencer collaborations, Quay Australia is the go-to accessible brand trendsetters WORLDWIDE.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Accounts Payable and Receivable Specialist will be responsible for maintaining, overseeing and managing the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and Collection process for the Company. Responsibilities will include reconciling daily direct to consumer sales, including online and store sales, ensuring all pertinent invoices and bills are recorded and paid in a timely manner, and reporting on any issues. This person will also assist with accounting responsibilities as-needed, and participates in the month-end, quarterly, and year-end close processes.
- Perform daily reconciliation of receivables and payables
- Maintain accurate aging reports for accounts payables and receivables
- Coordinate with customers regarding returns and chargebacks and ensure appropriate internal approval
- Review, process and record mail relating to billing and invoicing
- Follow-up with accounts on past due balances
- Communicate with accounts and internally regarding billing discrepancies
- Reconcile direct to consumer sales to cash and resolve discrepancies daily
- Reconcile Accounts payables at month end
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and year end close, including recording journal entries
- Assist in other accounting projects, as needed
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: The Accounts Payable and Receivable Specialist will be directly responsible for managing and overseeing the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and Collection processes at Quay. This person ensures timely collections, evaluates Day Sales Outstanding (DSO), Collection Effectiveness Index (CEI) and Average Days Delinquent (ADD), and must be able to identify any potential discrepancies to the Controller.
Key Working Relationships:
This role must work closely with the Controller and Finance team along with key business partners within the Sales, Order Management, and Inventory Control teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years minimum experience in A/R and A/P role
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and identify root-cause for billing/invoicing inaccuracies and provide recommendations for ongoing A/R and A/P operational improvements
- High-degree of proficiency in MS Office (Excel proficiency a must), Outlook, ERP and POS applications.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with both in-office and remote business partners
- Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred: NetSuite experience, work within a consumer goods organization a plus
No travel required.
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.