Finance | HQ, San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Manager
REPORTS TO: Controller
SUPERVISES: Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable staff
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This leader will be responsible for overseeing, verifying and reporting the company’s financial information for all entities. The position will report directly to the Controller. The candidate must have a strong understanding of accounting rules and financial statements. Additionally, this candidate must be a self-starter and team player, work in a fast-paced environment, have attention to detail and be deadlines oriented. At Quay Australia, we work in an open office environment to foster communication among your team as well as cohorts. We’re looking for someone who is into numbers and connecting dots as to the meaning of those numbers and the story/journey of the transactions.
- Manage month end close process and analyze variances within key accounts – 20% (Primary)
- Supervise the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable personnel – 15% (Primary)
- Record and reconcile Consolidation and Elimination Transactions – 10% (Primary)
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations for key accounts – 10% (Primary)
- Oversee Interim and Year End Audit – 10% (Primary)
- Facilitating and performing SOX Section 404 related test of controls, including but not limited to Accounting and IT application testing and related documentation – 5% (Primary)
- Assessing the effectiveness of internal controls over key financial risks and identifying/recommending improvements to strengthen internal controls and efficiencies – 5% (Primary)
- Ability to document potential SOX impact – 5% (Primary)
- Create new accounting policies and maintain existing policies – 5% (Primary)
- COGS reconciliation – Inventory, freight and Customs/duties and analyses – 5% (Primary)
- Quarterly and Annual tax review – 5% (Collaborative)
- Assist in Other accounting projects, as needed – 5% (Collaborative)
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: Ensuring the company is GAAP and IFRS compliant. Additionally, finding ways to improve profitability.
Key Working Relationships:
In addition to working closely within the Accounting and Finance team, this role will need to work closely with all business partners across all functions and regions to ensure information is received in a timely manner. The candidate must be completely comfortable presenting information to Senior Leadership.
Required Skills & Experience:
-Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
-Working knowledge of GAAP, IFRS and Sarbanes-Oxley, including an understanding of general IT control areas
-Experience in creating and implementing accounting policies and procedures
-Ability to understand analyze Balance Sheet and Income Statement transactions
-Strong excel skills
-Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
-SEC reporting experience
-Consumer products industry experience
Some travel will be required for this role as part of the Annual Audit.
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.