Senior Power Electronics Engineer
Electrical Engineering | Seattle, WA | Full Time
Pure Watercraft is creating revolutionary electric marine propulsion to ensure a future where boating will be clean, quiet, and powerful. With your help as Senior Power Electronics Engineer we will provide the highest performance and reliability electric boating system available on the market.
Our ground-up proprietary electric propulsion system can replace millions of unreliable, expensive, and dirty gas marine motors worldwide. The platform also unlocks totally new opportunities for users to interact with their boats, enhancing performance, navigation, efficiency, safety, charging, maintenance, and security.
We are looking for a Senior Power Electronics Engineer who can take a lead role in developing electrical hardware and engineering practices that will help us achieve our goal of revolutionizing the way people use their boats. Your responsibilities will span development efforts on multiple sub-systems.
Our engineering prototypes have already delivered more than 1,000 hours of high performance boating and we are gearing up for commercial launch this year.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Specify, design, prototype, test, produce and support electrical hardware for both low voltage (user controls, battery management systems) and high voltage systems (battery charging systems, and electric motor control)
- Act as a knowledge base for the rest of team when questions and or design challenges arise in your area of knowledge (power electronics, batteries, charging, etc)
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience
- 10+ electrical hardware designs that have been carried from initial concept to production (including schematic capture and board bring up)
- Experience with high voltage (350V+) and/or high power (5kw+) designs
- Experience selecting batteries and designing charge circuitry
- Battery Management and Charging Systems for high voltage designs (350V+)
- Experience with embedded communication protocols
- Experience designing gate driver circuits for IGBT/MOSFET devices
- Fast-growing startup experience
- Electric vehicle experience
- Experience designing products for high volume manufacturing
- Experience with safety critical systems
- Experience designing robust systems for harsh environments