Business Development Manager-National
Business Development | Dallas, TX | Full Time
A fast paced and dynamic environment, our US operations is continuing to experience significant and aggressive growth. With over 300+ US based employees, dispersed over multiple projects sites, offices and states, we are looking for a hands on, field focused, regional Health and Safety Supervisor that will support Pure Technologies business units. From our Columbia, MD. head office, this individual will incorporate a multi-disciplinary approach to support a culture of health and safety including building strong safety awareness at the field operations level, training, risk management; hazard recognition, control, and prevention.
Pure Technologies (Pure) is a world leader in the development and application of innovative technologies for inspection, monitoring and management of critical infrastructure. Pure’s expertise and technologies are being used around the world to help pipeline operators mitigate the impact of deterioration and maximize capital budgets for rehabilitation and replacement programs.
Wachs Water Services (WWS) is the leading provider of water distribution system asset management solutions that significantly improve efficiency and network control. Our specialized approach combines condition assessment and rehabilitation services for valves, hydrants and water mains with the capture and integration of critical water asset GIS information. We provide the expertise, equipment and personnel to locate, assess, operate and document virtually any water asset.
- Build on the strong reputation of the Company.
- Document a structured strategic plan for maintaining existing and building new relationships, supporting and expanding existing clients and attracting and supporting new customers.
- Build and sustain a professional, ethical, “can-do” reputation in the industry and with customers. Develop and sustain strong relationships built on trust, credibility and value added to the customer’s strategic plan.
- Develop strategic partnerships with utility management. Form peer-level, value added relationships with top management in client companies
- Actively call on utilities to ask informed questions in a consultative sales approach, understand their individual problems, understand different approaches to solving their problems, share proven best practice solutions, craft specific solutions for the specific customer and assist customers in taking action to reduce costs, reduce risk and increase customer service levels. Understand and meet or exceed client expectations.
- Overcome objections and indifferences and connect the customers’ needs with the Company solutions.
- Craft solution scope recommendations.
- Create distinctive RFP responses, bid responses and proposal presentations that specifically address client needs.
- Lead pricing strategies and negotiations.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales activities, including calls, communications, presentations, opportunities, proposals, closed sales and follow up activities through the use of our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software suite, ACT!.
- Actively contribute in industry trade shows, conferences, industry organizations/associations and events in order to maintain a high level of visibility and better understand utilities challenges and problems and focus the Company’s solutions.
- Develop and deliver papers and presentations at regional and national conferences on behalf of the company and in support of the strategic goals of the company.
- Sell a broad range of services to potential and existing clients.
- Generate revenue.
- 5 years experience in selling services or complex solutions
- 5 years experience in selling services in the municipal sector
- Experience in the water/wastewater industry preferred
- Demonstrated track record of revenue generation
- Technology background (civil engineering, network management, asset management, GIS, smart networks, smart metering) is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with directors, asset managers, engineers and operations.
- Highly organized, goal oriented, self-starter with effective communication skills including active listening, technical proposal/report writing, client presentations and facilitating workshops
- 40-60% travel required
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters Degree preferred
- Professional Engineer, PMP, GISP preferred