Corporate Marketing | Portland, OR | Full Time
Reports to: VP Marketing
Location: Portland, OR
Summary of Role
Are you an analytics ninja? Do you love looking at data from multiple angles and using your analysis to make informed business decisions?
Puppet Labs is hiring a Marketing Analyst to own supporting data-driven decisions with ad hoc and recurring analyses. You will work with the marketing, product, and community teams to develop and curate reports and educate team members.
In this role, you’ll create a standard set of recurring, curated reports for different timeframes for each stage of the funnel, conversion rates between each stage of the funnel, different channels. You’ll ensure team members are provided with standard sets of reports to track campaign performance for each function, and that data is clean, non-duplicated, and up-to-date. As Marketing Analyst, you’ll create a centralized service for trafficking campaigns in Marketo and Salesforce, where team members can submit campaigns with relevant inputs and you can develop, stage, launch, and report back for each campaign.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in a role involving web analytics and/or database marketing.
- Experience conducting ad hoc analyses from multiple data sources.
- Experience creating campaigns and related workflows with marketing automation systems.
- Experience developing reports, dashboards, custom fields and workflows in CRM systems.
- Advanced expertise using spreadsheets, simple databases, and BI apps to conduct custom analyses.
- Ability to mine data and build models using database marketing techniques.
- Ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Ability to teach others to use analytical tools to answer their own simple ad hoc questions.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred but not required:
- Marketo or Eloqua
- Visual Basic
- Experience working in an unstructured, fast-moving environment (i.e. startup) preferred.
Please include a cover letter with your application addressing the following:
1) Why are you interested in working for Puppet Labs?
2) Please summarize how your experience fits the listed qualifications of the position.
3) Please list the tools mentioned in the qualifications that you’ve used, your skill level, recency of use, and a summary of what type of work you’ve done in each.
4) Please describe an example database model you’ve built as part of your database marketing experience.
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs creates IT automation software which enables system administrators to deliver the operational agility and efficiency of cloud computing at enterprise-class service levels, scaling from handfuls of nodes on-premise to tens of thousands in the cloud. Puppet powers thousands of companies, including Twitter, Yelp, eBay, Zynga, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Google, Disney, Citrix, Oracle, and Viacom. Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, True Ventures, Radar Partners, Emerson St. Partners, VMware, Google Ventures, and Cisco.
Everyone who works here has a real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet Labs is all about.