Account Manager (Inside Sales)
Sales | Portland, OR | Full Time
Account Manager (Inside Sales)
Reports to: VP Sales
Location: Portland, OR (non-local candidates must be willing to relocate)
Summary of Role
Are you a strong inside sales professional who can generate business and close deals? Puppet has a strong community of users, a wide variety of existing clients all hungry to learn more about Puppet and how it can continue to improve their organization's data center operations.
Puppet is hiring an Account Manager to be a key part of selling products, support and services. In this role, you will conduct inside sales activities including prospecting and developing opportunities, closing sales, taking orders, preparing activity and forecast reports, updating and maintaining the sales database, and assisting sales management in conveying customer needs to product managers and technical support staff. You will expand your industry knowledge as well as the competitive posture of the company, act as a mentor to Sales Associates, and assist in the development of sales training materials.
- Minimum 4 years software inside sales experience.
- Proven track record of quota and goal achievement.
- Ability to provide high degree of major account management and control.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Domain-specific knowledge of large corporate IT environments, including basic understanding of client/server computing, networking and security.
- Expertise using CRM and web-based conferencing systems.
Preferred but not required:
- BA or BS degree
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Please include a cover letter with your application addressing the following:
1) Why are you interested in working for Puppet Labs?
2) Please summarize your experience in enterprise software sales in an inside sales environment.
3) Please summarize your understanding of client/server computing, networking, and cloud computing as it pertains to your work in account management / sales.
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs creates IT automation software which enables system administrators to deliver the operational agility and efficiency of cloud computing at enterprise-class service levels, scaling from handfuls of nodes on-premise to tens of thousands in the cloud. Puppet powers thousands of companies, including Twitter, Yelp, eBay, Zynga, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Google, Disney, Citrix, Oracle, and Viacom. Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, True Ventures, Radar Partners, Emerson St. Partners, VMware, Google Ventures, and Cisco.
Everyone who works here has a real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet Labs is all about.