Technical Account Manager for Publisher Advertising
Client Services | San Francisco Bay Area, CA
The Technical Account Manager for Publisher Services is responsible for responding to and resolving complicated ad operations and integration escalations. The successful candidate will demonstrate technical expertise in ad serving and ad network operations to research and resolve higher-level technical escalations that Account Managers are unable to resolve. The Technical Account Manager will work directly with account managers, engineers, and clients to gather additional information and work closely with them to troubleshoot, test and, resolve issues. As a key member of the Sales and Services team, the Technical Account Manager may participate in pre-sales meetings to lend technical expertise.
- Actively respond to high-level escalations for both Publisher and Demand clients relating to discrepancies, blanks, lost impressions, iframes, etc.
- Manage client escalations relating to all of PubMatic's service offerings including Yield, Mobile, Audience and Private Marketplace
- Lead projects to improve operational workflow within the services organization, for example, establishing ticketing and priority systems for all inbound escalations
- Be available to participate in on-site and quarterly business reviews with clients to review technical issues
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver results and meet account goals
- Availability during non-standard business hours
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong, admin level experience in DFP
- 4 or more years in a client-facing, technical services role
- 4 or more years in ad operations or ad network operations
- Ability to troubleshoot issues related to platform setup (DFP, OAS)
- Superior communication skills and confidence to present to senior level clients. Firm grasp of the ad tech ecosystem and experience working with sellers, buyers, and data providers
- Flexible, startup mindset and proven success in fast-paced environments, with the ability to juggle multiple client deadlines
- Demeanor that is calm under pressure with the motivation to do what it takes to finish the job
- Capacity to work with all teams, including sales, marketing, business development, product management, and engineering
- Understanding of Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- B.A. or B.S. in a quantitative or technical field (e.g. math, statistics, computer science, etc.) and/or sufficiently strong academic credentials
- Experience working for a Publisher is a plus.
- Ability to travel including international (up to 20%)
The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity. High energy and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is also critical.