Sr. Financial Analyst
G&A | Redwood City, CA
We are seeking a highly-motivated, strategic minded professional to join us as a Sr. Financial Analyst. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years total experience including experience in a start-up environment.
The position is a great opportunity for an individual seeking growth in an exciting industry. The position reports to the Vice President of Finance and will have extensive interactions with the sales teams and executives. The role requires a candidate who can quickly become familiar with PubMatic’s business, associated metrics and is able to support business decisions through in-depth analysis coupled with sound business judgment.
Specific duties include:
Forecasting, Reporting & Business Analysis
- Manage the annual and quarterly forecasting and sales quota-setting process
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue and margin performance reports
- Monitor and highlight key performance metrics and identify new leading indicators and insights
- Analyze revenue trends, market and competitive developments, and identify growth opportunities and impacts from proposed initiatives
- Analyze revenue performance to customer opportunity
- Build complex business cases, models and forecasts to inform the business and help support a recommendation
- BA/BS degree in technical or business fields with excellent academic record from a premier university
- 5+ years experience in financial planning, sales operations, business analysis or consulting
- Proficiency in SQL highly desirable
- Relevant experience in a start-up environment and in online advertising
- Extensive financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting and planning experience
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (macros, pivot tables), Word, and PowerPoint a must.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and management skills
The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity. High energy and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is also critical.
PubMatic is focused on serving the needs of publishers by providing an industry leading platform that allows publishers to maximize their revenue while simultaneously reducing complexity. PubMatic’s ad monetization and management solution combines impression-level ad auction technology, the most comprehensive brand protection tools, and enterprise ad operations support to give the Web’s premium publishers the most control over their revenue and brand.
PubMatic has seven offices around the world in the US, Europe, and Asia. Some of the world's most respected online publishers have chosen to work with PubMatic, including The Huffington Post, eBay, United Online, MSNBC, TV Guide and the majority of the comScore Top 10. Pubmatic is ventured backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Nexus Venture Partners, and Hellion Ventures.
We value innovation, creativity, customer service and integrity. We focus on results and having fun. We have a totally open door policy and encourage everyone to come up with and follow through on any “bright” ideas to push the company forward! We expect the best from our team so come to work charged and ready to dive in each day!