Senior Manager, Business Development
Business Development | Redwood City, CA
Title: Senior Manager, Business / Corporate Development
We are expanding the Business Development team and are looking for a motivated, high-energy individual with experience in deal making and passion for the digital advertising industry, to help craft strategic deals and manage existing partnerships with the leading and emerging players in the space that will drive PubMatic’s business growth and geographic expansion. This role reports into the Vice President of Business Development, and has broad exposure and interaction with various functions at PubMatic including product development, engineering, product marketing, mobile, legal and finance. Responsibilities are both tactical and strategic in nature. The position is located in PubMatic’s Silicon Valley office.
- Identify, structure and negotiate deals with technology, distribution and data partners that enable PubMatic to scale revenue growth, open up new markets and accelerate its roadmap. The deals will support PubMatic’s core business, emerging businesses, and global expansion.
- Manage a growing portfolio of existing partnerships including deal renewals and contract extension, day-to-day relationship management and serving as a liaison to the operating teams to ensure successful execution.
- Track and evaluate deal performance post-transaction vs. performance targets.
- Assist VP of Business Development with evaluations of new and in-bound Business Development opportunities and with the due diligence process of the M&A targets.
- Support VP of Business Development in developing proposals and contract negotiations with large, high-profile strategic partners.
- Help cultivate relationships with the VC and banking communities to support on-going market and competitive analysis and deal sourcing.
Qualifications / Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in business and/or corporate development.
- Demonstrated track record of structuring and managing external negotiations to successful closure and delivery. Contract negotiation experience and execution, with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in evaluation of business / investment opportunities from the strategic, financial and operational perspectives.
- Strong understanding of the digital advertising industry and technologies, specifically, Internet and mobile advertising models, ad optimization, ad operations, audience trends, and real-time bidding.
- Demonstrated track record of quickly developing a deep understanding of complex technologies and product solutions. Technical or ad operations background / experience is a big plus.
- Strong analytical and communication skills to formulate and articulate value points around complex business opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, and ability to work easily with partners and internal PubMatic teams.
- High level of comfort escalating and presenting key deal issues to senior management when appropriate, with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Ability to manage multiple deals simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in deadline oriented environments with limited direction.
- BA/BS or equivalent required. MBA and /or JD is preferred.
The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity. High energy and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is also critical.
PubMatic is focused on serving the needs of publishers by providing an industry leading platform that allows publishers to maximize their revenue while simultaneously reducing complexity. PubMatic’s ad monetization and management solution combines impression-level ad auction technology, the most comprehensive brand protection tools, and enterprise ad operations support to give the Web’s premium publishers the most control over their revenue and brand.
PubMatic has seven offices around the world in the US, Europe, and Asia. Some of the world's most respected online publishers have chosen to work with PubMatic, including The Huffington Post, eBay, United Online, MSNBC, TV Guide and the majority of the comScore Top 10. Pubmatic is ventured backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Nexus Venture Partners, and Hellion Ventures.
We value innovation, creativity, customer service and integrity. We focus on results and having fun. We have a totally open door policy and encourage everyone to come up with and follow through on any “bright” ideas to push the company forward! We expect the best from our team so come to work charged and ready to dive in each day!