Publisher Account Manager
Strategic Accounts Development | London, United Kingdom
Publisher Account Manager, PubMatic
The Publisher Account Manager is responsible for day-to-day oversight of a book of business of publisher clients. You will manage the entire client relationship, through the entire client life-cycle: pre-sales support, implementation, and ongoing account growth. Through active engagement and a consultative approach, you will drive value to your accounts through revenue lift, brand control and other value added services. You will be knowledgeable in the online ad industry and demonstrate acumen in driving revenue optimizations for your publisher accounts. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team in Demand Management and Ad Operations drive value for your accounts. The Account Manager is highly strategic and consultative, and is an ideal role for someone who is client facing, analytical, and results driven.
The Publisher Account Manager reports to the Country manager locally, and to the Account Manager Director in London
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manage and develop client relations through the full life-cycle of the account — presales support, onboarding, ongoing account management, monthly/quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Manage day-to-day contact with premium publisher clients to deliver value to the accounts through revenue lift, brand control and escalation management.
- Optimize, track and analyze performance. Use original thought and analysis to discover opportunities and resolve escalations.
- Demonstrate your knowledge for the ad industry and apply that expertise to building deeper client relationships.
- Maintain active dialogue with clients through weekly meetings and periodic client onsites.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to deliver results and meet account goals.
- 10% travel to client sites for strategic and quarterly business review meetings.
- 3+ years in a client-facing service role.
- 2+ years in an ad operations or ad network operations.
- Strong knowledge of ad servers.
- Knowledge of ad networks and the online advertising industry in general.
- Willing and able to take full ownership of clients and their questions/issues.
- Flexible, startup mindset. Success in fast-paced environments, especially juggling multiple client deadlines.
- Strong process, management, and analytical skills.
- Creative, independent problem solver.
- Capacity to work with all teams, including sales, marketing, business development, product management, and engineering.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel and spreadsheets and working knowledge of CRM like Salesforce.com.
- Strong academic credentials.
The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity. High energy and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is also critical.
PubMatic is focused on serving the needs of publishers by providing an industry leading platform that allows publishers to maximize their revenue while simultaneously reducing complexity. PubMatic’s ad monetization and management solution combines impression-level ad auction technology, the most comprehensive brand protection tools, and enterprise ad operations support to give the Web’s premium publishers the most control over their revenue and brand.
PubMatic has seven offices around the world in the US, Europe, and Asia. Some of the world's most respected online publishers have chosen to work with PubMatic, including The Huffington Post, eBay, United Online, MSNBC, TV Guide and the majority of the comScore Top 10. Pubmatic is ventured backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Nexus Venture Partners, and Hellion Ventures.
We value innovation, creativity, customer service and integrity. We focus on results and having fun. We have a totally open door policy and encourage everyone to come up with and follow through on any “bright” ideas to push the company forward! We expect the best from our team so come to work charged and ready to dive in each day!