(Filled)Vice President, Global Agency Relationships
Demand | New York, NY
PubMatic’s One Platform technology powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands. Our innovative solutions help content providers drive the highest value for their digital media assets and provide consumers with a more personalized advertising experience across display, mobile and video.
The Vice President, Global Agency Relationships is responsible for driving the next wave of PubMatic’s advertiser solutions strategy and execution, focusing on the development of strategic global partnerships with agency holding companies and their subsidiaries. The successful candidate will have deep relationships with the major agency holding companies and a passion for combining these relationships with an understanding of how technology is changing the nature of their business and their relationships with advertisers and publishers. This is a rare opportunity to join a global, well-funded, mid-stage company and be an instrumental contributor to its global expansion.
As a recognized leader in this area of the online ecosystem, any candidate for this position will have deep agency relationships at executive levels. In addition, they will have an impeccable background in leading agency sales and management along with a demonstrated track record of success in building and managing strategic planning to successful commercial outcomes. Most importantly, the candidate will be a deal maker and expert business developer with the ability to gain access to and close commercial relationships with the key agencies and agency trading desks in the US, EMEA and APAC.
- Define and execute an agency sales strategy, focused on securing long-term, mutually beneficial commercial and strategic relationships with major agency groups and their subsidiaries primarily in the US, but also extending into EMEA and APAC.
- Develop a cross-functional and holistic approach to sales and account management of global agencies, through partnering with Product, Engineering, Marketing and Product Marketing.
- Establish PubMatic as a thought leader and innovator with the major agency-based buyers of programmatic media.
- Manage agency commitments with PubMatic to predetermined revenue and margin targets, securing significant and long-term financial commitments to PubMatic that benefit our publisher customers.
- Partner with local Leadership, Sales and Account Management teams in the US, EMEA and APAC to execute and service partnerships at a local level.
- Build a long-term strategy, product roadmap and organization structure to support the development of agencies as a high growth channel of programmatic demand on PubMatic’s platform.
- Inform product requirements and work with PubMatic product leaders to prioritize new product and feature improvements on the development roadmap.
- Work closely with Publisher Sales to align agency commitments to publisher priorities and acquisition opportunities.
- Expertly blend the relationship-based environment of agencies, with the machine-based environment of programmatic trading to create long-term strategic partnerships and revenue opportunities.
- Impeccable senior relationships with WPP, Publicis, Omnicom, IPG and Havas, as well as their major agencies and technology divisions, where relevant.
- An ability to navigate and prioritise the agency opportunity beyond the global leaders.
- A clear and demonstrable passion for exploring the intersection of agency based digital media trading and programmatic technologies.
- Proficient with technical concepts such as programmatic trading, RTB, data management platforms and media buying consoles, across desktop, mobile and video categories.
- Significant work experience in the US and EMEA; APAC experience is an added bonus
- A passion for high-growth, early stage companies and a clear understanding of how to operate in such organisations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to present effectively across multiple levels in an organisation including C-level audiences, product and technical teams as well as Sales and Media buying teams.
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or other post-graduate qualification is preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in agency sales and sales management.
- Comfortable with frequent global business travel.
Did you know?
Since our founding in 2006, PubMatic has consistently been first-to-market with industry-changing products, services and systems for publishers. Our products are supported by always-on consulting and services that reflect our belief in putting publishers' needs first.
Among the world's most respected online publishers, some of our clients include ebay, NBCnews, Hearst, Rodale, Martha Stewart, Toys R US, and the majority of the comScore Top 10.
2007: 1st to Market with Yield Optimization for Publishers across ad networks
2008: 1st to Market with Global Demand partner representation for Publishers
2009: 1st to Market with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) for Publishers
2010: 1st to Market with Data Theft prevention tools and dynamic Brand Protection tool suite
2011: 1st to Market with Unified Insights; blending guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels; Audience Data Analytics packaging segmented with real-time yield impact; Pixel Blocking for data theft protection; and RTB for Mobile ad units
2012: 1st to Market with Unified Revenue Optimization across guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels for every impression
2013: PubMatic announced we will open its mobile software development kit (SDK) for premium publishers to all app providers, establishing a new self-service solution for mobile monetization. Our mobile SDK is MRAID rich media-compliant and supports all ad sizes.
2014: PubMatic launches Video functionality providing the only Programmatic Solution to deliver advertising across Display, Mobile, and Tablet.
Every Ad. Every Sales Channel. Every Screen. One Platform. PubMatic.