(Filled) Director of PMO
Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
PubMatic is focused on serving the needs of publishers by providing an industry leading platform that allows publishers to maximize their revenue while simultaneously reducing complexity. PubMatic’s ad monetization and management solution combines impression-level ad auction technology, the most comprehensive brand protection tools, and enterprise ad operations support to give the Web’s premium publishers the most control over their revenue and brand.
PubMatic has seven offices around the world in the US, Europe, and Asia. Some of the world's most respected online publishers have chosen to work with PubMatic, including The Huffington Post, eBay, United Online, MSNBC, TV Guide and the majority of the comScore Top 10. Pubmatic is ventured backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Nexus Venture Partners, and Hellion Ventures.
We value innovation, creativity, customer service and integrity. We focus on results and having fun. We have a totally open door policy and encourage everyone to come up with and follow through on any “bright” ideas to push the company forward! We expect the best from our team so come to work charged and ready to dive in each day!
PubMatic is establishing a Project Management Office (“PMO”) and we’re hiring a leader to drive it forward. The Director and his or her team will establish standardized project management policies, processes and methodologies, and monitor all company projects. The PMO will foster operational excellence across the PubMatic organization.
- Oversees the full project management life cycle, including software development life cycle, for highly complex, large-scale, strategic product initiatives
- Implements established policies, system monitors and controls to ensure the successful management and reporting of all corporate initiatives in the Program
- Supervises and leads the program and project staff to oversee the impacts and interdependencies between programs and works to ensure initiatives meet the company and product goals; may manage the execution within selected individual projects.
- Provides both verbal and written communications regarding project status, risks, and issues, and makes recommendations on project decisions to PMO and Senior Management
- Manages all aspects of the project/program management of a corporate initiative, which may include: cost benefit analysis, project plans, etc.
- Works effectively with internal and external clients, third party vendors and Senior Management in accomplishing project objectives
- Develops and maintains lessons-learned inputs in the project repository for utilization on future projects
- Ensures all Defined Processes are used within the PMO framework to successfully implement projects
- Involved with Resource Planning, budgeting, change management/ process improvement, and legal aspects of the Program
Develops a comprehensive Risk Management Plan at the Program Level:
- Proactively identifies risks and opportunities of both business and technical plans; identifies Risk Mitigation Strategies and Contingency Plans, and coordinates that across all projects. Maintains the Program Level issue and risk matrix log
- Provides a detailed plan of how the risk will be managed or eliminated. Provides a regular Program status report with major risk factors when mitigation approach impacts the project timeline, budget or objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience required
- Experience in Program Management and execution of multiple related development projects simultaneously, particularly as Project Manager on systems development, with working knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle
- 8+ years of business and IT experience in strategic planning, development, implementation and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- Previous technical project management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment
- Project Management certificate (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) preferred
- Experience working daily with offshore teams
- Master's degree in business- or technology-related field
- Prior online advertising industry exposure; specific experience with successful large-scale Program Management within a cross functional environment.
The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity. High energy and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is also critical.