(Filled) Account Executive, Publisher Sales - NY
Publisher Development | New York, NY
Do you have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive to work in a start-up? Are you looking for a more entrepreneurial enviornment with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity? Do you have strong interpersonal skills, high energy and enjoy a fast-paced environment?
As a member of PubMatic’s Publisher Sales team, you will be responsible for establishing, long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with large traditional & online media companies. You will be a key member of PubMatic’s sales team involved in prospecting, selling, and closing long term relationships.
- Reaching or exceeding quarterly revenue goals
- Continuously prospecting for new business using your existing network of relationships and creating new relationships
- Evangelizing the PubMatic solution to the assigned market
- Lead sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle including relationship initiation, negotiation, and closing
- Developing and growing PubMatic’s market presence
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ideal candidate will have worked at an ad serving technology company (DoubleClick, Atlas), an ad network (ValueClick, 24/7, Ad.com) and/or large media company
- Strong knowledge & familiarity with Internet advertising models, ad optimization, audience trends and technologies
- Strong set of existing relationships with large media companies at the VP Sales level, VP/Director, Ad Ops and comfortable with running c-level
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and impeccable business judgment; professional distinction in thought leadership and innovation.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Strong written, presenting & oral communication skills
- Ability to learn, take charge and deliver results with minimal supervision
- High energy, self motivated and passionate about working in a fast paced start up environment
- 6+ years in a sales or business development role in the online industry, with a minimum of 10 overall years work experience (advanced degree years will count towards total)
- BA/BS degree required, MBA/JD a plus
Among the world's most respected online publishers, some of our clients include ebay, NBCnews, Hearst, Rodale, Martha Stewart, Toys R US, and the majority of the comScore Top 10.2007: 1st to Market with Yield Optimization for Publishers across ad networks
2008: 1st to Market with Global Demand partner representation for Publishers
2009: 1st to Market with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) for Publishers
2010: 1st to Market with Data Theft prevention tools and dynamic Brand Protection tool suite
2011: 1st to Market with Unified Insights; blending guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels; Audience Data Analytics packaging segmented with real-time yield impact; Pixel Blocking for data theft protection; and RTB for Mobile ad units
2012: 1st to Market with Unified Revenue Optimization across guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels for every impression
Every Ad. Every Sales Channel. Every Screen. One Platform. PubMatic.