(FILLED) Account Director, Publisher Services - NYC
Strategic Accounts Development | New York, NY
PubMatic’s One Platform technology powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands. Our innovative solutions help content providers drive the highest value for their digital media assets and provide consumers with a more personalized advertising experience across display, mobile and video.
Reach new heights professionally and personally as an Account Director joining PubMatic's Strategic Account Management team. Account Directors drives the success of Publisher engagements and monetization by leading a team of Publisher Strategic Account Managers. This position is a critical growth function that fulfills the promise of strategic partnership for all Publishers using the PubMatic platform. The responsibilities include partnering with the Publisher sales team by providing pre-sales support for product/platform value positioning, implementation planning and execution, day to day proactive account management, effective organizational account responsiveness and account growth through sales plan execution and superior relationship management.
Account Directors maintain active account engagement and owns direct, personal client relationships for the purpose of supporting customer needs and driving growth agendas with publisher accounts. Successful candidates will possess demonstrated ability to combine creative thinking with factual analysis and data to develop appropriate strategies to ensure that publishers achieve their desired results. As the programmatic advertising landscape evolves, our Strategic Account Management must stay current with the hard trends and continue to ensure that publisher partners are positioned to win.
Successful candidates for this position will have an ability to attract and build a team of strong, talented account managers. This includes developing training plans for new team members and career development plans for the entire team. Collaboration and pro-active, constructive behaviors are key to being a part of the Strategic Account Development
- Lead the team to deliver service excellence and consultative support for publisher strategy and execution
- Hire, train and manage a team of Publisher Strategic Account Managers to oversee full customer life-cycle from pre-sales, on-boarding, ramp and growth
- Track and analyze performance for regional book of business to ensure all accounts are meeting or exceeding sales plans
- Use critical thinking and analysis to discover growth opportunities and to resolve business obstacles
- Maintain active customer conversations through regular and consistent engagement, demonstrating your market knowledge and programmatic expertise
- Prepare and present performance reports and market insights to partners to further support growth opportunities and recommendations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and team leaders to inform product alignment for account growth.
- Partner with Ad Solutions Account Executives to drive successful pairing of media buyer campaigns to publisher inventory
Desired Experience and Education:
- BA/BS required; MBA or equivalent preferred
- 4+ years of recent work experience in online advertising and specifically display advertising.
- People management experience with proven success in hiring and developing talent
- Flexibility and an ability and willingness to think strategically and act tactically
- Very strong analytical thinking abilities, project management and organization skills
- Ability to present persuasive arguments to support recommendations internally and externally
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to a C-level audience
- Desire and willingness to learn and work hard
Did you know?
Since our founding in 2006, PubMatic has consistently been first-to-market with industry-changing products, services and systems for publishers. Our products are supported by always-on consulting and services that reflect our belief in putting publishers' needs first.
Among the world's most respected online publishers, some of our clients include ebay, NBCnews, Hearst, Rodale, Martha Stewart, Toys R US, and the majority of the comScore Top 10.
2007: 1st to Market with Yield Optimization for Publishers across ad networks
2008: 1st to Market with Global Demand partner representation for Publishers
2009: 1st to Market with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) for Publishers
2010: 1st to Market with Data Theft prevention tools and dynamic Brand Protection tool suite
2011: 1st to Market with Unified Insights; blending guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels; Audience Data Analytics packaging segmented with real-time yield impact; Pixel Blocking for data theft protection; and RTB for Mobile ad units
2012: 1st to Market with Unified Revenue Optimization across guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels for every impression
2013: PubMatic announced we will open its mobile software development kit (SDK) for premium publishers to all app providers, establishing a new self-service solution for mobile monetization. Our mobile SDK is MRAID rich media-compliant and supports all ad sizes
2014: PubMatic launches Video Functionality providing the only Programmatic Solution to deliver advertising across Display, Mobile, and Tablet
Every Ad. Every Sales Channel. Every Screen. One Platform. PubMatic.