Data Visualization Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Full Time
PubMatic’s One Platform technology powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands. Our innovative solutions help content providers drive the highest value for their digital media assets and provide consumers with a more personalized advertising experience across display, mobile and video.
Our Senior Data Visualization Engineer will lead the effort to define and build our next generation data analytics and visualization platform. Ideal candidates are passionate about human-computer interaction and designing visualizations over large data sets that provide unique, actionable insights. Are you a motivated professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced, agile development environment? Do you have a natural curiosity to find creative and effective solutions for complex problems?
- Translate product requirements and business needs into report requirements and visualization dashboards
- Work closely with the UX group to create an experience based on usability and efficiency
- Collaborate with other engineers to enhance the visual analytics and capabilities of PubMatic’s platform
- Experience with some or all of distributed systems, databases, and data analysis
- Familiarity with and a proponent of TDD, refactoring, code reviews, continuous integration/deliver and Scrum
- Comfortable refactoring and removing duplication in large preexisting code bases as well as working on greenfield projects
- Familiarity with version control systems such as SVN and Git
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of work experience in relevant field
Did you know?
Since our founding in 2006, PubMatic has consistently been first-to-market with industry-changing products, services and systems for publishers. Our products are supported by always-on consulting and services that reflect our belief in putting publishers' needs first.
Among the world's most respected online publishers, some of our clients include ebay, NBCnews, Hearst, Rodale, Martha Stewart, Toys R US, and the majority of the comScore Top 10.
2007: 1st to Market with Yield Optimization for Publishers across ad networks
2008: 1st to Market with Global Demand partner representation for Publishers
2009: 1st to Market with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) for Publishers
2010: 1st to Market with Data Theft prevention tools and dynamic Brand Protection tool suite
2011: 1st to Market with Unified Insights; blending guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels; Audience Data Analytics packaging segmented with real-time yield impact; Pixel Blocking for data theft protection; and RTB for Mobile ad units
2012: 1st to Market with Unified Revenue Optimization across guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels for every impression
2013: PubMatic announced we will open its mobile software development kit (SDK) for premium publishers to all app providers, establishing a new self-service solution for mobile monetization. Our mobile SDK is MRAID rich media-compliant and supports all ad sizes.
2014: PubMatic launches Video functionality providing the only Programmatic Solution to deliver advertising across Display, Mobile, and Tablet.
Every Ad. Every Sales Channel. Every Screen. One Platform. PubMatic.