(CLOSED) Video Subject Matter Expert- Sales Executive
Emerging Solutions | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
PubMatic’s One Platform technology powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands. Our innovative solutions help content providers drive the highest value for their digital media assets and provide consumers with a more personalized advertising experience across display, mobile and video.
Do you have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive to work in a start-up environment? Are you looking for a more entrepreneurial environment with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity? Do you have strong interpersonal skills, high energy and enjoy a fast-paced environment?
Our Video Subject Matter Expert – Sales Executive- will be responsible for being the SME of all things video for our West Coast team; leading new demand relationships within the marketplace as well as working with current relationships to fulfill and understand their business needs, working with our publisher development team to present PubMatic’s video value proposition to our existing customers, closing new video business with prospecting video publishers, either working with our PubMatic publisher development team or on your own and also working closely with our strategic account management team to ensure successful video launches. This position also requires internal evangelization of the video value proposition and interaction with ad operations.
This position will report to our Americas Video Director.
Successful candidates will exhibit the competence to manage through obstacles by taking charge of challenging situations and delivering positive client-focused resolutions. This role will require to effectively communicate at multiple levels from mid-level to executive, both internally and externally. Internally, the role requires collaboration with: Account management, video Operations, Publisher Sales and DSP Management. The Account Executive will be focused on the overall growth and success of the video business, either sell or buy side and PubMatic as a whole.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Grow account revenue and platform spend to meet and exceed goals.
- Continuously prospect new business, manage the onboarding process from MSA, NDA & Credit check.
- Drive holistic account growth. Be a leader in sales approach, optimization, as well as understanding each DSPs bidding algorithms for video.
- Partner with our advertiser solutions’ team in the development of accounts and strategies for long term business growth
- Regularly secure client meetings to further communicate the PubMatic video offering with clients/agency contacts
- Constant monitoring and analysis of DSP & Adnetwork spend. Reaching out to Adnetworks with new Video opportunities so that they can send us tags, also deep-dive into DSP bidding behavior, what they are able to ingest and what PubMatic must send in terms of parameters.
- Accurate and timely communication to manager of all relevant information regarding revenue and or demand partner relationship
- Be the go to person for all video related matters, support the ad solutions team in their pitches
- Translate the value proposition to drive business growth and revenue with demand partners. Find areas within the account where PubMatic can offer consultative solutions
- Be a team player with a keen understanding for internal cross-functional & international communication/collaboration across multiple operational teams within PubMatic.
- Lead sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle including relationship initiation, negotiation, and closing.
- Reaching or exceeding quarterly revenue goals.
- Continuously prospecting for new business, either by partnering with our PubMatic Publisher development team on existing accounts or going after new accounts.
- Working with our Publisher development team on upselling video opportunities.
- Being the go to person for all things video on the sell side.
- Working with our emerging solutions demand team to identify video inventory that meets the demand’s needs.
- Coordinating efforts with our strategic account management team to ensure successful publisher launches.
- Evangelizing the PubMatic solution
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA/BS degree required, MBA/JD a plus
- Ideal candidate will have worked at a video ad technology company (Adap.tv, Freewheel, BrightRoll, Tremor, YuMe, Videology…etc.) or large media company (agency holding group, DSP, SSP, adnetwork)
- Programmatic or Video experience required.
- Strong knowledge & familiarity with Internet advertising models, ad optimization, audience trends and technologies
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and impeccable business judgment.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Strong written, presenting & oral communication skills
Did you know?
Since our founding in 2006, PubMatic has consistently been first-to-market with industry-changing products, services and systems for publishers. Our products are supported by always-on consulting and services that reflect our belief in putting publishers' needs first.
With seven offices around the world in the US, Europe, and Asia, we're enabling publishers to realize the full potential of their digital assets globally.
Among the world's most respected online publishers, some of our clients include ebay, NBCnews, Hearst, Rodale, Martha Stewart, Toys R US, and the majority of the comScore Top 10.
2007: 1st to Market with Yield Optimization for Publishers across ad networks
2008: 1st to Market with Global Demand partner representation for Publishers
2009: 1st to Market with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) for Publishers
2010: 1st to Market with Data Theft prevention tools and dynamic Brand Protection tool suite
2011: 1st to Market with Unified Insights; blending guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels; Audience Data Analytics packaging segmented with real-time yield impact; Pixel Blocking for data theft protection; and RTB for Mobile ad units
2012: 1st to Market with Unified Revenue Optimization across guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels for every impression
2013: PubMatic announced we will open its mobile software development kit (SDK) for premium publishers to all app providers, establishing a new self-service solution for mobile monetization. Our mobile SDK is MRAID rich media-compliant and supports all ad sizes.
2014: PubMatic launches Video functionality providing the only Programmatic Solution to deliver advertising across Display, Mobile, and Tablet.
Every Ad. Every Sales Channel. Every Screen. One Platform. PubMatic.