(Closed)Director of Product Management
Product Management | New York, NY
Director of Product Management
PubMatic, the leader in ad revenue optimization and management, is looking for a hands-on, results-oriented Director of Product Management to drive and scale its portfolio of products and solutions.
The product manager will use his/her deep understanding and knowledge of the online advertising industry to inform requirements gathering, definition, and delivery of innovative industry leading products and features. This position requires close interaction with multiple business, technology and services teams as well as DSPs, ad networks, agency trading desks, exchanges, publishers, and audience/data providers. S/he will be part of a dynamic global product management team committed to building and growing PubMatic’s position as the leader in publisher ad revenue optimization.
· Define, develop and execute the vision, roadmap, requirements, and performance metrics for PubMatic product(s).
· Validate product direction by interacting with customers and internal stakeholders in addition to analyzing both market and product trends.
· Create and maintain the prioritized product backlog.
· Develop clear and compelling product requirements (PRDs) / user stories for new initiatives as well as existing product enhancements, including business justification, revenue potential, and operational impact.
· Engage and work closely with user experience (UX) and engineering teams (both onshore and offshore) to provide guidance during development and testing.
· Monitor product adoption, proactively identifying opportunities and making actionable recommendations to drive product uptake and effectiveness.
· Work cross functional teams - including Sales, Services and Product Marketing - to provide inputs on training, marketing material/collateral development and product rollout.
· Evangelize PubMatic product offerings within the company, as well as to prospects and the installed base, and drive rapid adoption.
· Demonstrated ability to identify business problems, as well as strategic and revenue generating opportunities.
· Passion for conceiving, designing, building, and shipping innovative products.
· Firm sense of accountability and ownership for the end-to-end product lifecycle with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development, launch and product adoption.
2. Background / Experience
· 5-10 years of product management experience, with at least 3-7 years in the online advertising industry space.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in a technical discipline and MBA preferred.
· Solid background and understanding of industry trends and the overall online advertising market ecosystem (e.g., agency, agency trading desks, DSPs, ad networks, exchanges, content developers/publishers, SSPs, audience/data providers).
· Experience in creating products for different ad units (e.g., brand display, performance display, video) and channels (guaranteed and non-guaranteed) for desktop, tablet, mobile platforms.
· Strong understanding and experience with integrating third party systems, including SSPs, DSPs, exchanges and audience data providers.
3. Interpersonal / Leadership Skills
· Exceptional client communication and interaction skills, including the ability to communicate with client technical and business teams to gather and validate requirements.
· Demonstrated ability to work well with, and earn the respect of, Engineering, Account Management, Operations, Client Services, Sales, and User Experience design teams.
· Experience managing simultaneous projects and demonstrated team leadership abilities in a fast-paced environment.
4. Technical and analytical knowledge/skills
· Strong understanding of online advertising technologies (e.g., ad serving, RTB, ad tag management, audience/data management, etc.).
· Ability to use analytical tools to make informed, data-driven decision making.
· Basic understanding of SaaS product components and architecture.
5. Core Product Management Skills
· Proven ability to articulate business opportunities and customer needs into product requirements / user stories. Demonstrated skill in writing concise and clear definitions of prioritized features for the technical teams to implement. Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to take a balanced approach to solving problems by taking into consideration both business and technical opportunities and constraints.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with proven experience managing multiple projects to successful completion.
· Demonstrated ability to negotiate conflicting objectives and create alignment across functional teams.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Experience with agile software development methodologies is highly desired.
· Prior experience working with offshore development teams is highly desired.
PubMatic enables publishers to realize the full potential of their digital assets. Since its founding in 2006, PubMatic has consistently been first-to-market with industry-changing products, services and systems for publishers. Our products are supported by always-on consulting and services that reflect our belief in putting publishers' needs first.
2007: 1st to Market with Yield Optimization for Publishers across ad networks
2008: 1st to Market with Global Demand partner representation for Publishers
2009: 1st to Market with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) for Publishers
2010: 1st to Market with Data Theft prevention tools and dynamic Brand Protection tool suite
2011: 1st to Market with Unified Insights; blending guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels; Audience Data Analytics packaging segmented with real-time yield impact; Pixel Blocking for data theft protection; and RTB for Mobile ad units
2012: 1st to Market with Unified Revenue Optimization across guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels for every impression
Every Ad. Every Sales Channel. Every Screen. One Platform. PubMatic.