Account Executive, Publisher Sales - Boston
Publisher Development | Boston, MA
Reporting to the Senior Director/Regional Director, Publisher Sales, the Account Executive is responsible for consultatively selling PubMatic’s publisher platform and achieving revenue targets across account and prospect lists of leading digital publishers in a defined geographic territory. This role is also responsible for building and establishing long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with large traditional & online media companies.
Successful candidates will possess strong communication and relationship building skills used to probe, uncover core objections, synthesize, analyze and present creative solutions that leverage knowledge of the PubMatic platform. The candidate must work well within a performance revenue culture that includes strategic account planning, reporting, and accountability for revenue targets combining sales processes, sales skills, persistence and teamwork to continually exceed revenue targets. In order to succeed, the candidate must be able to perform within a team environment as an individual contributor while leveraging all company resources to ensure successful client acquisition, retention and growth.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying, qualifying and prioritizing business opportunities; probing for business challenges; presenting to all relevant decision makers and influencers of organizations and preparing formal proposals; leading negotiations, coordinating complex decision-making process, and overcoming objections to closure.
- Reaching and exceeding quarterly revenue goals by growing current client’s business via superior account management and upselling as well as acquiring new publishers for the PubMatic platform
- Leading sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle including relationship initiation, negotiation and account management
- Evangelizing the PubMatic solution to the assigned market, as well as developing and growing PubMatic’s market presence
- Owning & managing a targeted revenue number for a portfolio of publishers
- Working closely with the services team to project manage publisher on-boarding activities and supporting and driving the framework for continual improvement in the publisher on-boarding process
- Creating and managing strong, long lasting relationships across all levels and functions within client organizations
- Identifying strategic opportunities within accounts and working with account management team members to develop account plans, as well as working with your counterparts to ensure peak publisher demand
- Developing and updating strategic account plans quarterly, aligning with all relevant members of your regional team, ensuring effective and efficient work
- Completing all initiatives within performance revenue culture, including company sales and reporting processes, SFDC, detailed and accurate sales forecasting as well as pre- and post-call reporting
- Conducting in-person client meetings, and client phone meetings weekly
- Overseeing quarterly client business reviews and general account communications
- Collecting feedback around product requests and needs and delivering them to product team
- Working directly with Account Managers on account servicing, upselling and renewals
- Reinforcing through words and actions PubMatic’s mission statement and core values
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited and recognized institution is required with an advanced degree (MBA, equivalent) preferred
- 4+ years previous sales experience including 2 years of digital ad sales or online publisher account management in a technology service or monetization company
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills regarding contractual, technical and financial issues with partners
- Strong partner management experience including solid history of revenue building successes and working with C-Level & those involved in day to day operations
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Proven ability to think strategically while remaining focused on execution
- Good understanding of web serving technologies, online revenue models and jargon
- Strong writing, presenting, negotiating, communicating and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent; time and resource management skills
- Ability and desire to learn, take charge and deliver results with minimal supervision
- High energy, self motivated, action-oriented and passionate about working in a fast paced start up environment
- Up to 50% travel required
The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity. High energy and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is also critical.
PubMatic is focused on serving the needs of publishers by providing an industry leading platform that allows publishers to maximize their revenue while simultaneously reducing complexity. PubMatic’s ad monetization and management solution combines impression-level ad auction technology, the most comprehensive brand protection tools, and enterprise ad operations support to give the Web’s premium publishers the most control over their revenue and brand.
PubMatic has seven offices around the world in the US, Europe, and Asia. Some of the world's most respected online publishers have chosen to work with PubMatic, including The Huffington Post, eBay, United Online, MSNBC, TV Guide and the majority of the comScore Top 10. Pubmatic is ventured backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Nexus Venture Partners, and Hellion Ventures.
We value innovation, creativity, customer service and integrity. We focus on results and having fun. We have a totally open door policy and encourage everyone to come up with and follow through on any “bright” ideas to push the company forward! We expect the best from our team so come to work charged and ready to dive in each day!