Software Compliance Subject Matter Expert
Professional Services | Gold River, CA | Contract
PTP is a fast growing company with a solid customer base, excellent compensation and benefits, and a collaborative yet flexible work environment. If you enjoy challenging projects, using new technologies to deliver innovative business solutions, and you're interested in working for an entrepreneurial company, we may have a home for you. At PTP we value aptitude and creativity as well as experience. We are a diverse organization and are looking for bright, passionate and committed professionals who strive to be the best at what they do.
We are looking for a Software Compliance Subject Matter Expert to work in Sacramento, Vacaville, or Pleasanton, California.
The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of Software License Management experience.
Mandatory Qualifications (MQ’s)
- 3 years’ relevant experience
- Inventory and asset management
- Auditing to verify and enforce compliance with policies and procedures
- Familiar with automated software asset management and configuration tools
- Familiar with software life cycle management processes, acquisition, use and retirement
- Fully fluent in English for both written and verbal communications.
- Pass a Background check
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex concepts. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, translating technical risks into business terms that can be understood by executive management
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a multi-task environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Maintain a hard or soft copy of the software license inventory and “proof-of-license ownership” of software in use within the organization.
- Store proof of license agreements or licenses and software media in a secure centralized location or electronically if applicable.
- Inventory all licensed software annually and, if available utilize auto-discovery tools, to track and report implemented software and license information.
- Audit all systems to ensure no illegal or unauthorized copies of software are installed.
- Use automated tools to the maximum extent possible for tracking software installed on the base network where applicable.
- Ensure all implemented software is certified for use and free of viruses and malicious logic.
- Redistribute excess or superseded software if it is permitted under the license agreement or upgrade policy for that software.
- Dispose of excess or superseded software not redistributed.