Security Project Manager
Professional Services | Gold River, CA | Full Time and Contract
PTP is a fast growing company with a solid customer base, excellent compensation and benefits, and a collaborative yet flexible work environment. If you enjoy challenging projects, using new technologies to deliver innovative business solutions, and you're interested in working for an entrepreneurial company, we may have a home for you. At PTP we value aptitude and creativity as well as experience. We are a diverse organization and are looking for bright, passionate and committed professionals who strive to be the best at what they do.
Job Description: Security Project Manager
The project scope includes assisting with the successful delivery and program oversight of a number of security projects that are being implemented at our State agency client. Scope specifically involves management of multiple, parallel InfoSec efforts.
The Information Security elements to be implemented currently include compliance Audits and Assessments and a Threat and Vulnerability Management Program (TVM).
The Security Project Manager responsibilities include:
- Coordinates project work for all PTP projects and team in their efforts at the client.
- Coordinates the TVM project for our client.
- Establishes and run project status meetings, maintains task lists and status, and provide management reporting.
- Lead the Security team efforts and ensures deliverables are on time with quality.
- Utilize your own IT Security technical knowledge to help direct the team's work.
Mandatory Qualifications (MQ’s)
- 2+ years of TVM experience
- 5+ years of PM experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, translating technical risks into business terms that can be understood by executive management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Highly effective at building relationships and fostering a collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently in a multi-task environment
- PMI Certification = PMP (Preferred) or CAPM
- NIST 800-53 experience
- ISO 27001 / 27002 experience
- Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or related degree
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Fully fluent in English for both written and verbal communications.
- Writing samples should be made available during the interview.
- Pass a Background check.
- Finalists must provide three references to verify skills and experience.