Professional Services | Salem, OR | Full Time
We are a growing company with a solid customer base, excellent compensation and benefits, and a collaborative yet flexible work environment. If you enjoy challenging projects, using new technologies to deliver innovative business solutions, and you're interested in working for an entrepreneurial company, we may have a home for you.
PTP is looking for a hands-on Interface Developer to join our Government Solutions practice. At PTP we value aptitude and creativity as well as experience. We are a diverse organization and are looking for bright, passionate and committed professionals who strive to be the best at what they do.
- At least 5 years of Java development experience with primary focus in developing interfaces and batch processing
- Expertise in developing long-running jobs that process large volumes of records using multithreaded batch jobs
- Strong Experience with Hibernate ORM and Spring batch framework
- Experience in developing and maintaining multithreaded batch jobs
- Expertise in check-pointing, recovery, and restarting jobs
- Strong debugging skills to identify and fix choke points to improve batch performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Identifies key drivers of a defined problem and proposes solutions
- Identifies and solves problems using analysis, experience, and judgment
- Performs analysis and effective diagnosis of clients’ issues
- A significant contributor to work plans for components on engagements
- Coordinates activities between work streams and identifies changes in scope
- Develops solutions to client problems through application of personal experience and methods and tools; validates solutions to subject matter experts
- Experience in managing batch configurations using XML
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience with developing batch jobs to consume and process interface files
- Experience with Ant scripts for invoking batch jobs
- Experience in batch architecture for multithreading, input validation and exception handling
- Experience working in a development environment that uses RDBMS such as DB2
Salary is DOE and is extremely competitive. We are able to offer relocation assistance to the right candidate.